Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Sound of Music

Last night, Nick and I had the opportunity to go see The Sound of Music at the Summer Theater at Sundance. I was in heaven! If you know me... you know that The Sound of Music is one of my all time favorites. We really enjoyed ourselves! I thought the cast did a lovely job and I loved how they involved the audience to sing along during certain parts of the play. I've had another tough "pregnancy" week and watching The Sound of Music... up in the mountains was so therapeutical for me. I can never get enough of the mountains... and I can never get enough of The Sound of Music! 

ps ~ one of our favorite parts of the play was when this poor old man's cell phone started ringing when the actors were SILENT on the stage. He was sitting in front of us ( we were in the second row) which meant he was in the first row... which meant everyone heard it. He scrambled to turn it off... and it took him which seemed eternity to turn off. But that's not the funny part.... his phone was playing a hard core RAP song.... he was easily in his late 70's. Nick was dying laughing. I was too... but I cringed for the old guy... he was probably so embarrassed. haha... I figured one of his grandchildren played a rotten trick on him and changed his ring tone to some black guy rapping about "sipping on some sizzer". 
Poor old  man. 
... it was pretty funny though.  













No comments: