Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Fun Week

It's been a fun week. Well, as much fun one could have constantly on the verge of throwing up every 5 minutes... but keeping busy and my mind off of it helped a tad. It was so nice having family and close friends in town for a little bit. 

Katherine flew in from Mesa, AZ on July 12th to surprise Ashley on her birthday. It was one of my most favorite moments seeing the look on Ashley's face when she saw her best friend and her beautiful new baby. 
Her husband, BJ, flew in the next night and they stayed that entire week. It was a lot of fun having them around. 

{All pictures taken from amateurs on the iphone} :) 





Isn't baby Kate beautiful? 

 Sisters

 My family drove in on Sunday for a QUICK visit. 
It was a little too quick for me. They left at 3 am this morning to drive 20 hours back home to Texas. 
They're crazy. It was a ton of fun having my mom, dad, and little sister, Celeste here for a couple of days. She's moving up here next month and we are so excited to have her up here!

We love the dancing game on the connect. 
I taught her how to jerk. haha. 

Fresh picked veggies from Ashley's little garden. 


 Oh how I love this pup. 

mom and sisters

We took Celeste around Provo looking for an apartment that would suit her well. 
She's 18 so we wanted to find a fun, social place for her to live. 
We took her to King Henry and she liked the feeling there. 
I lived in King Henry when I was 18 or 19 too. 
I think she'll really like it there. 
We signed her up right away.... we got lucky b/c there were only 2 spots open. 
I can't believe my baby sister is grown up! 


Family dinner at Chilis last night. 

When Katherine and BJ were here, we went up the canyon and had tin foil dinner with some friends! 
I LOVE the canyon. 

She's so cute. 

Even though my family only stayed for 2 days, it was fun having them around. They are the greatest. We're way excited b/c we're going to Hawaii in about 2 weeks! 
I.CAN'T.WAIT.
We hope Katherine and BJ can come too. { Please BJ? haha.} 

Nick's going to Chicago tomorrow for a research conference. I'm excited for him but sad to be with out him for a few days. We've gotten a few "secondary application" requests back for Medical School. ( So far from Loma Linda and University of Southern California.) 
TEAM CALIFORNIA! 

I wonder where we'll end up after all is said and done! 
I hope everyone is having a lovely summer. 
Even though mine has been full of nausea and lots of time in bed... I will praise the day when I feel normal again. I also can't wait to meet this little precious baby growing inside of me. It will all be so worth it!

oh, before I forget....

My friend, Ellen, just opened a cute Etsy shop.
She makes and sells these amazing baby wraps. 
You can check it out HERE. 
I can't wait to get one or two from her! 


2 comments:

Katherine Young said...

i love this post! it was so good to see you heather. i really hope i can come to hawaii....love you!!!!!!

Elle Keeps Moving said...

you are SO sweet, heather! thanks for the shout out (and you know i'm already giving you one, by the way)! glad you got to hang out with your family! hope you keep feeling at least a "tad" better every day! xo