Thursday, June 9, 2011

Random

I am officially the worlds worst blogger. I mean, seriously. Who blogs like 3x in a row without any pictures? I am a photographer, and I have no pictures to share. Please forgive me.

Once I start feeling better, I am going to make it a point to keep a camera with me at all times and document everything. These years where Nick and I are the only ones in the family are important too! I know I love looking at pictures of my parents in their early years. I will be better.... but this probably won't happen until I am over this nausea thing I've got goin on.

I really am so excited to take pictures of my own children! Thats one of the huge perks of knowing photography, in my opinion. I can't wait!

BABY
Tomorrow I will be 9 weeks. It feels like it's been an eternity since I remember what it's like to feel "good." People tell me the second trimester will be awesome. I am litereally counting down the days until the 2nd trimester. If I am one of those people who stay sick until 17+ weeks..... well.... don't get me started.

We get to hear the baby's heart beat the day before my birthday ( June 22nd) and I am so excited!

I've never been this big of a picky eater! Seriously. One minute something sounds good to me and the next minute, that very thing sounds gross. I can't even believe how ridiculous that is and how picky I've become. Also, EVERYTHING smells AWFUL. Nick thinks I'm crazy.... but seriously... everything. We live in an old house and no matter how much we clean it... there's still this old, musty smell and I really can't stand it. :(  Smells... Food.... Nausea.... yuck.

I've been having lots of dreams lately of tiny newborns. All the dreams have been little baby girls. Interesting.

WEATHER:
The weather in Utah has been SO strange for this time of year. I am super bummed that we completely got jipped of Spring. That's my favorite time of the year. My favorite weather is 70 degrees and we went from 55 degrees to 80 degrees all over night. Except, these past few days it's gone back down to the 60's.... very strange for June.

I can't help but think of the different things going on in the world: like the awful earthquakes, the deadly tsunamis, the dangerous tornados, flooding, fires, etc.... I mean... It seems as though something HUGE happens just about every week somewhere in the United States and world. We are definitely in the last days. It's so important to focus on the positive when we live in a world full of hate, crime, and craziness. It's reminders like natural disasters that remind me of the important things in life. Am I reading my scriptures daily? How is my relationship with my Heavenly Father? Am I serving those around me daily? Thank goodness for the atonement of Jesus Christ and for these little reminders to help me get back on track. " HOLD TO THE ROD."

My brother comes home from his mission in 6 months. I can't wait to see that little cutie. He is working SO hard as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Brazil. Here's a little clip to give you a little idea of what he's been up to these past 18 months:

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

You will be better soon I promise! You can do this! That's awesome about your girl dreams. Before I had Will I had multiple dreams I was having a boy. Pregnancy gives you the most vivid dreams doesn't it? I hope you get feeling better soon! You will love taking pics of your baby too. I think I'm obsessed with taking pics of Will. I hope we can see you guys soon!

Emily said...

Hang in there Heather. I miss you lots...we need to catch up!