Saturday, June 25, 2011

heart beats and birthdays

Oh, please don't hate me. I have another post with NO pictures to share. What kind of photographer/blogger AM I? seriously. I hope my words will be enough to entertain and suffice you. If not, forgive me.

This past Wednesday Nick and I had an appointment to hear the heart beat and do all that other "lovely" stuff you have to do at your first pregnancy appointment. ( I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that was NOT fun.) The thing that made up for it all however was getting to listen to our sweet baby's heart beat. Oh my goodness.... it was seriously the sweetest sound I've ever heard! It really put everything into perspective for me and helped me realize I actually have a little human being inside of me and all this sickness junk is totally worth it. The doctor said everything looks and sounds totally healthy. ( I love our doctor by the way. Such a great man!)

Anyway, for some reason ALL DAY LONG that day I was vomiting non-stop. I mean, non-stop. ( TMI?) Holy cow I haven't been THAT sick in a long time. I was TICKED that the day we were supposed to go to American Fork to hear the heart beat... I was vomiting. I wasn't sure if I would be able to make it there okay.... I mean I felt like death. I even called to reschedule, but he was booked for the next couple of weeks. I HAD to buck up and just go. I wasn't too happy about that. Who likes to throw up in a doctors office full of other sick people? I brought my vomit bowl with me and we were on our way. There were a few close calls, but once again, Heavenly Father came to my rescue and allowed me to not embarrass myself. I was vomit free for the next couple of hours. #BLESSING.

The next day was my 27th birthday. I don't think I've ever spent my ENTIRE birthday in my bed before, but that's how I spent it this year. I was still VERY very nauseated and felt if I moved an inch, I would vomit again. I decided to take it super easy and pretty much just not move at all. { My throat, neck, and head hurt from vomiting so much the day before, I was praying to NOT throw up anymore... and it worked.} Again, there were a ton of close calls just laying in my bed... but with a little prayers and not moving, I was able to defeat the vomit. { Ok, I am very sorry... I am realizing this is a very gross post. I might get the #1 prize for mentioning the word "vomit" way too many times in a blog post. Or I might get "flagged." That happened to me once on my Gallery of Goodness blog because I shared my testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ... but don't get me started on that one.}

I am SO thankful for the dear friends and family who sent me text messages, phone calls, and facebook messages all day long. Thank HEAVENS for the iphone who kept me company all day.... reading your sweet facebook messages & texts and watching youtube videos all day. I had to plug in my phone twice! { That Casey Anthony is SO guilty! That's what my youtube videos consisted of that day.}

Last night we went to Texas Roadhouse with Jason and McKell and we celebrated... kinda. It was super low key b/c I still wasn't feeling well... definitely better than the days before... but still pretty nauseated. I BEGGED the server to not make me sit on that dreadful saddle they make you sit on while they scream a silly happy birthday song at your face. No thank you! Not today. Bless her heart, she quietly brought me a small bowl of ice cream and told me happy birthday. That's MY kind of birthday. Thank you! { The steak and potato was delicious. and so were the rolls. Did you know that you can't eat HONEY when you're pregnant?! I was ticked when I found that out last night... so excited to eat my roll with honey butter. ( the best part about TX roadhouse!) Dumb.

We topped the night off visiting Lance and Ashley at their AWESOME new Waffle Shoppe in South Provo: THE AWFUL WAFFLE. It was bumpin with tons of people last night getting crepes and waffles. The Mayor of Provo came by and wrote an awesome review about The Awful Waffle. You can read about that HERE. 

Go getchyourself a Belgium Waffle & Crepe one of these days soon. You won't regret it.

There you have it folks.... heart beats & birthdays.

1 comment:

Elle Keeps Moving said...

you poor thing!!! on your birthday even! you're in my prayers! i bet hearing that sweet heartbeat gave you a little bit of strength. :)