I ENVY those of you don't get sick when you get pregnant. I hate you actually. :)
I am now coming on my 7th week of being pregnant.
I am really looking forward to not feeling sick anymore. I mean... I feel nauseated ALL day long. I never get a break from it. Well, there's actually a small window between 8-10 PM where I feel okay, but that's it. I call that a tender mercy.
Feeling nauseated is possibly one of the worst ways to feel. Then again, I've heard that if you're sick during your pregnancy, that just means you have a healthy baby. ( I'm not sure how much I believe that because a lot of people I know who never got sick had healthy babies.) Maybe it's to make the sick mom-to-be feel better. I definitely want a healthy baby!
Another thing I can't stand besides the nausea is having to shove food down my face 24-7. I mean seriously. No wonder pregnant women gain weight! I have never hated food so much in my entire life than I do right now. I literally have to feed my face every 30 minutes. If I don't... I feel even more nauseated. I can tell you that I am absolutely sick of Ritz crackers, Saltines, and Gold fish. YUCK. I'd love to just munch on fresh veggies or fruit, but most of the time, none of that sounds good to me. ( and I LOVE veggies and fruit.) But honestly, nothing sounds good to me... yet I have to EAT and EAT and EAT and I loathe eating now days.
Nausea & fat face lady = one ticked woman
BUT on a brighter note:
I am SO grateful to welcome this little one into the world in January. Nick and I are so excited to become parents. I know this whole being sick thing will go away soon and it will all be worth it! I'm so grateful we got pregnant so fast in the first place! Nick is going to be the CUTEST dad by the way.
Speaking of Nick... wow. I am constantly amazed at him. He has been SO wonderful with me. { He took the MCAT last Saturday by the way. We're so happy to get that over with! Him especially.} Nick has been SO sweet to clean the house, take care of me, and he's even learned how to cook a few meals! He's quite the husband. One of the many things I love about Nick is that he is SO teachable, patient, diligent, and hard working. He also has this LOVE for people, especially his wife, where he just loves to serve and give. He is THE best and I am SO grateful to have him in my life. He has been such a blessing to me. Bless his heart having to take care of me.
To those of you who just had babies, I am jealous of you and can't wait! :)
The Things That Howl In The Night
5 days ago

2 comments:
Heather, You don't know me. I used to babysit Nick. He is my brother's (Ty) friend and I just want to say how happy I am for you both! Hang in there! I hope you start feeling better soon! Take care!
Congratulations!!! That is so exciting for you two! Being parents is great. :) I hope your "morning" (all day) sickness subsides soon.
Post a Comment