Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Slacker

I have definitely been a HUGE slacker when it comes to blogging. 
I am sorry for all you blog stalkers, friends and family out there. 
I know you enjoy my blog posts thoroughly. :) 

I have had a crazy past few weeks! 
A good kind of crazy. 

Ashley and I got to take Virginia to the MTC.
She really is SUCH a cute missionary. I am so glad I was able to spend a little time with her before she went in. We talked and talked and I tried to give her advise. It really made me miss being a missionary! If any of you know Virginia, you would all agree with me that ANYONE is lucky to have her as a companion. She's got such a great attitude, she's so easy to get along with, she has a heart of gold, and she's a good worker! Her companions will LOVE her. Not to mention she makes ME feel like I'm the funniest human on the planet. Seriously, when I'm with her, I feel like I could have my own stand up comedy or something. haha. All the Ingrams think I'm funny actually. hahaha. I like them. 

Virg leaves in 2 weeks to go to PERU for 18 months! 
So proud of her. 






Ok, so here's my "cohort" from the Elementary Ed program at UVU. 
We have seen each other every single day for the past 3 semesters. 
We are all quite good friends, actually. It's been a fun ride. 
I can't believe we're all student teaching and doing internships starting at the end of august.
I'm FINISHED in December!!!! WHAT? this is unreal! I'm so excited. 
I'll be student teaching with the same teacher I worked with last semester in a second grade class in Provo. I am so excited. She's awesome! 

Here's the picture text I sent Nick when I found out I was pregnant: 


He was taking a practice MCAT test when I tried to call him. Honestly, we had a bunch of these puppies lying around and I thought it would be fun to just take one and see if I was pregnant. I had a feeling that I very well COULD be. 

So, I took the test.... waited.... saw the results and couldn't believe it.

I called Nick right away, but his phone was turned off. About an hour later, he called me to tell me how his test went and he was talking and talking and I was just waiting for him to finish so I could ask him when he was coming home. He said he wasn't coming home just yet b/c he had some things he had to do. I seriously was so excited to tell him and couldn't wait any longer... 
so I said, " Nick, I'll call you right back." 
He was like, "ok...."
 so... I took THIS picture and texted it to him. I waited a minute and then called him. 
He answered and said, " What is that?"
 and I said " A pregnancy test."
 and he said, " Is that real?" haha.
 "Yes! You're going to be a dad!" 
Silence on the other end.... 
"Nick??"
 he was super choked up. What a sweetie. 
He is way excited and so am I. He didn't run those errands and came home right away! 
I about about 6 weeks along right now. I've been feeling super sick these past couple of days. Man, what  a bummer! I hear it's all worth it though! :) We'll keep you posted! 


We were "house sitting" all last semester while Ashley and Lance were in Europe. 
We had to move when they got home so luckily we found this little puppy to rent in South Provo.
 I love houses. 

After we moved in, I decided it was HIGH time to get rid of 80% of our crap. Well, my crap really. 
Things I've collected over the 9 years ( seriously?)  I've been here in Utah. 
SO, with the help of my dear sister and McKell... we went through EVERYTHING and I decided to seriously get rid SOO much stuff.... and it felt GOOD. 
I got posters, put an ad in the paper, and had a yard sale a few Saturdays ago. 
We ended up making $170 smack-a-roo's from it all. Not too shabby. 
We still had a TON of stuff at the end of the day, so we just took it all to DI. 
(Don't judge me and all my crap.) 





It's that time of year again!
Lance and Ashley have re-opened their ice shack in Provo by Smiths! 
I love that they have an ice shack. It's a lot of fun! 
They're also opening a new Belgium Bakery in Provo across from J Dawgs in about 3 weeks. 
They're going to sell Belgium Waffles with cream and fruit or whatever you want on it! These delicious sandwiches that are super popular in Belgium, French Fries, and other goodies. It's seriously going to taste SOOO good. I hope they ROCK that block with tons of customers! 

(ps- that does NOT say Obama Shaved Ice. 
It says" OHANA." They should really change the letters to uppercase....) 


Me and Nash cuddling, watching baby Einstein! 
He makes me so excited to have a baby! 


Here's the "Painted Wallpaper" I've been working on recently. 
I just trace the shape you see below a million times on the wall and then paint! 
I'll be excited when it's all finished. It's a work in progress! 




Nick takes the MCAT this Saturday! 
I am SO proud of him and how HARD he's worked to get to this point in his life. 
He is SO diligent and he blows my mind at how good he is at studying and school. 
He deserves to blow the MCAT out of the water! 
He starts applying to medical schools next week! 
We're excited to start a new chapter in our lives.... baby and all! 

We are so blessed! Hope you're all doing well! 

2 comments:

Michelle Pearson said...

Yay for babies! I love your new house too. It's adorable! I hope you're feeling okay and not having too bad morning sickness!

McKayJoice said...

I love the painted wallpaper. I love that you can tell that is painted by hand, and the colors you chose are great. I might have to copy that.