Saturday, March 5, 2011

A baby shower for Kristi

My dear friend, Kristi, is having a baby girl (Anna) here in a couple of weeks. I was thrilled to be able to throw her a baby shower. We had so much fun! A small group of her close friends and family came. Even her mom flew in from California to be here for it. I LOVE her mom and it was a lot of fun to see her! Even Kristi's weird brothers stopped by. ( Note: I mean "weird" in a good way.)

I had SO much fun decorating and getting everything ready! I am so thankful to everyone who brought food! I couldn't have done it without their help! I wish I would have taken more pictures of Kristi and her cute belly! Luckily, I'm taking a few maternity pictures of here in a few days, so you'll get to see those. It was a lovely shower! Here are some pictures from our fun event:

( These pictures aren't in any order.)


food table

Kristi



yummy cookies that Ellen made.

yummy cupcakes that Sarah made


friends gathered together.


Delicious drink!
here's the recipe:

1/2 can of frozen limeade per 1 liter of 7 up
ice and sliced cucumbers
(Thanks Kristine for bringing the goods!)




We played a little "baby pictionary"







Diane made some delicious chicken salad sandwiches


Hillary made a beautiful platter of veggies


Isn't she darling?
This is Ellen and Jared's little girl, Lucy.
Ellen is about to have her second baby! A little boy: Solomon.






Chandelier idea I got from Katie B.
Seriously, SO easy and SO chic!
I gave it to Kristi to hang above Anna's crib!
I'm sure she will hang different things once its above her crib.
( The pictures on it are of her husband: Ean and Kristi.)

Ok. seriously. Don't you want to EAT this baby up?!!
Look at those CHUBBY cheeks!
I SO want to send this picture into Ellen Degenerous or something.
Oh I just love this picture.
This is Kristi's husband, Ean.
Oh, I hope they have FAT babies like this!!! SO CUTE.














We also played " guess the beautiful baby" game.

more food and more decorations!




My sister gave me the brilliant idea to make SUGAR SCRUB for party favors.
Seriously SUCH a great idea!
It was super inexpensive and home made! Super easy, too!








and here's Ellen's husband, Jared.

" Hey Jared, whatchya doin"

"oh, just eating a missile is all."

(.... see... I told you her brothers were weird.)



5 comments:

Coslett's said...

Heather Kristi is blessed to have you as a friend and vise versa! you can see the love you have for her! The shower was beautiful! You did a great job! I love alllll of the pictures and the creativity you put into the shower! Good JOB! Wish we could have more people in the world like the Rowleys! They are such good people! I am so happy you have them in your life! They have been such a blessing!

Emily said...

Heather, you did such a cute job. I remember when you threw my bridal shower and how much a I loved it. You are a great party planner. I love all the cute decorations

Ali said...

Oh my gosh! SOOO cute! Heather you are SO creative and crafty!

acos said...

i seriously loved this. now get pregs so i can throw yours. thanks.

Stephanie said...

Heather, all that is so adorable. Where were you when I had a baby?!?! Oh yeah, probably on your mission. :( You are an awesome party planner.