Tuesday, February 22, 2011

cravings

Tonight I was craving La Madeleine's creamy tomato basil soup and their famous caesar salad. If you're from Texas, you know what I'm talking about. It really is one of my most favorite restaurants and sadly, Utah doesn't have one. It's probably a good thing because I would crave it too much and then we would be broke and I would be large and in charge. haha.


Seriously, though. I love this little french restaurant. It's such a cute atmosphere with fire places, old, rustic wood floors, and french pastries. Yum. ( My favorite is the strawberries and cream.) And who could forget their bread? Oh, man.. their bread.

Someone I know (I won't name any names) LOVED the bread there and used to take great advantage of the "all you can eat bread" and stuff as much in her purse and then have her loved ones and friends who came with her to take as much bread as they can for her. We'll just say that now we know why La Madeleine no longer has "all you can eat bread." hahaha. Oh man.




So anyway, since I couldn't have La Madeline tonight... I made home made tomato basil soup & bread bowls. It was DELICIOUS. If you want the recipe.... which you should do yourself a favor and get it.... go here. ( and Thanks to Ellen for sharing it! It has become one of my most favorite things to make!)

1 comment:

Katherine Young said...

hahahahhaha that is SOOO FUNNY! so was it your mom or rebecca, i cant remember????