This is Rachel.
I've known her since she was around 3 or 4 years old.
( I tried to find old pictures of her and I, but they're all at my house in Texas.)
Rachel and I have always had a little bond. I seriously can't believe she's 18 years old now and going to college! I love getting little visits from Rach. Yesterday she came over and we chatted for a couple of hours. She's like home to me. I love her.
When I was younger, maybe 12 or so, every summer we would drive from Texas to Utah to visit Rachel's family, who are our dear friends. My mom went to college with her parents and they're still great friends to this day. When we'd visit, we'd always play school with my sister and Ali. { I'm also great friends with Ali to this day as well. She's in Hawaii at the moment! Lucky!} ( I was the teacher of course) and we'd just play. Like little girls do. Rachel was so quiet and sweet. I just loved her. She's still the same!
Yesterday as we were chatting, she said:
" Heather, I don't know if I told you this, but anytime I would get a new barbie or play with my barbies... her name was always Heather."
I said, " Really? After ME?"
she laughed and said " Yeah! After you!"
I quickly ran over and hugged her. I never knew that!
I've never had a barbie named after me before!
I know how important a barbie name is. :)
I always thought very carefully about my barbie's names.
How sweet of her to name her barbie, Heather.
I am honored. :)

I'm grateful for old friends and the memories we share.
I'm grateful for new ones too!
What a blessed life I have, full of wonderful people.
***
Side Note:
I'd also like to really sincerely thank (again) those of you who support me and my "creative endeavors" with my photography and boutique and things of sorts. It means so much when I read your kind comments or text messages. I really, really appreciate you! It keeps me going! I'm so blessed that photography and tutoring are how we make a living and they're two things I love so much! Thank you for always showing your love and support!


No comments:
Post a Comment