Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Thanksgiving Point

Today was $2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point.
Again, in all my years of living here: WHY did I not know about this?
I know it only happens in August, but still.

We went with our dear friends, Jason and McKell of course. Nash came along too. He's such a trooper. The only down side of $2 Tuesday is that it attracts WAY too many people. I mean, way too many. I don't love attractions with lots of people.... I do love Disneyland though, however I don't love the people and lines. Despite the millions of people everywhere, it was still fun. We enjoyed ourselves.

We were going to go to the gardens, but didn't quite get around to it. We're going to try to go next Tuesday though. I love the gardens. I try to go every year. We went to the Dinosaur exhibit and the petting zoo. It was cool... but I'd probably only do that again if I have children. The Dinosaur exhibit was pretty cool... but I didn't love the petting zoo. Was it $2 worth? Maybe. It's just that I'm from Texas, and sadly, most animals they had at that petting zoo... I could find in my front pasture back at home. I wasn't too impressed. ( well maybe except for the dairy cow that just gave birth to her baby TODAY. He was SOOO cute.)



This creature cracked me up. Whatever he was.

This is Millie the new mom. Her baby was so cute. Sorry, no pictures.
I'd love to have a dairy cow one day.

Jason, McKell and Nash.
These aren't the actual gardens, but it was pretty!
Random:
We are really sad that we have to leave Jason and McKell when Nick goes to medical school somewhere. I am trying to talk Jason into getting a job that takes him wherever we are! Seriously. I would love it if they were close by! I don't know what we're going to do with out them! ( this is still about 2 years away... but I'm just sayin!) I'm seriously thinking about kidnapping all 3 of them and taking them with us anyway. :)

it's been a good day!

Tomorrow: the Zoo with these guys! Should be an adventure!

2 comments:

Krista said...

Oh, WOW. You seriously went there today? My sister Melanie Lesue was there today!!

Hannah said...

Nice. We have been wanting to take our kids to the petting zoo. Will remember this for the next few Tuesdays!

BTW... it's a llama that has been shorn of it's wool coat for the summer. They look ridiculous and cute when they have skinny necks like that :)