Growing up my dad always took us out on our boat. Every single day in the summer time, we'd wake up, throw our swim suits on, pack lunches ( mostly Metzlers bbq YUM), jump in the car with the boat attached and head to the lake. We would stay there ALL day long.
My favorite thing to do growing up was the knee board. I thought I was so cool because I knew how to do 360's over and over again. Knee boarding was legit. Now they stopped making them? That's absurd. I guess Wake boarding is the new thing? Whatever. :) My family and I have great memories spending time at the lake together on our boat.
Our boat actually had a name... Thunder. We named it Thunder because that's what it sounded like as it glided across the water. My dad had taken out the original engine and replaced it with a corvette engine. It was LOUD. Sometimes, my friends would ask me at school the next day:
"Hey, were you on the lake yesterday?"
"Yeah"
"So were we! We could totally hear your boat. We knew it was you!"
( didn't SEE but HEARD our boat. That's funny stuff.)
I loved Thunder. My dad also redid the seats inside, so this speed boat could fit 18 people. We had bench seats that went all the way around along with some other seats. It was always fun to invite friends. Everyone wanted to take Thunder out on the Lake. I miss Thunder. I miss going on the lake all the time like the good 'ol days.
Yesterday, Jason and McKell took out their parent's Wave Runners and invited us to go! We were so excited. Nick especially was because he grew up with Jason and took these wave runners out all the time with their family. I actually have maybe ridden a wave runner once or twice in my life. I think the last time I was on one, I was 9.
I let Nick drive and I rode on the back. It was fun! Nick most likely felt like a little boy again as he was going round and round in small circles as fast as he could. ( he says he wasn't trying to throw me off, but I don't believe him.) He was having the time of his life... and then threw us BOTH off. We laughed. Whatever. Then, he did it again... threw us both off.
That's it.My turn to drive.
And I drove most of the rest of our time on the lake. :) We got lots of sun, it was fun spending time together and with our friends. We even brought lunches and had a picnic on the lake. We're going out on McKell's boat next week. I am SO excited.
Me and Nick
McKell and Jason
Alex and Amanda

Nick
(this is when I surrendered and let him go have fun by himself. :)

A fun day at the lake!

No comments:
Post a Comment