Thursday, June 24, 2010

26

That's how old I turned yesterday.
Yuck.
I seriously lost count when I turned 23.
Even though Im officially OLD, I had the most wonderful birthday!
I woke up to Nick making my favorite breakfast ( only my dad makes. It was my favorite growing up) : Sheesh on a Shingle.
doesn't sound appetizing? Well, It is! It's basically homemade bisquits and gravy, but better.
Nick's so cute and he called my dad the day before to ask him how to make it.
I LOVE stuff like that.




Yesterday for lunch, my dear sister, Ashley, and I went out to eat at my FAVORITE place: Chefs Table. YUM! They even gave us a free dessert. My sister gave me the cutest gifts! I am grateful for such a wonderful sister.

That night we went out to eat with some friends. Lance and Ashley couldn't come b/c they were leaving to go out of town. Steven, Melinda, Jason and McKell came though and it was a lot of fun! We laughed the entire time. I hated sitting on that forsaken saddle thing.... it really wasn't very funny... but I appreciated the happy birthdays from the Roadhouse people. I got a free dessert here too!

the sky was too pretty to not take a picture. Dusk is my favorite time of day!


McKell is being induced next FRIDAY!!!

FUNNY STORY:
this cute little guy was working at Texas Roadhouse, opening the door open for people. Nick was carrying my camera on his shoulder. As soon as we walked in, this little guy DIED laughing and pointing at Nick saying " HE'S GOT A PURSE! HE'S A GIRL!!" And he was crying he was laughing so hard. We were cracking up. He kept pointing and saying it over and over and other people were getting a kick out of it too. It was quite funny. Nick humored him when we walked out wearing My purse AND McKell's purse. I think he about peed in his pants when Nick walked past him. He just couldn't get over it. So funny!









He even posed a little for me.. haha

We ended my birthday by going to the Fergs for a bit. They were so kind and I loved the sweet card they all wrote me ~ I opened a few awesome gifts and we had a great time! Thank you, Fergs! I have an awesome family-in-law.

I wish my parents could have flown up here and surprised me... but that was wishful thinking! :) I also got a little happy birthday e-mail from Elder CJ. I love hearing from him. He's doing so well down in Brazil! He's growing so much and I love that he's a missionary!

Thank you everyone~ friends and family~ for the awesome cards, gifts, texts, calls, and facebook messages. They each meant so much and they made me feel so special!

I am one lucky girl!

3 comments:

Coslett's said...

LOL i dies laughing at the guy laughing at our nick! nick has a way about him that make make ANY one laugh even when he does not mean to hahaha so funny heather! happy you had a great birthday... wish we could have been there to help celebrate it!

Stephanie said...

That guy is so funny! Sounds like your birthday was full of good food and friends! The best.

Stevie and Melinda said...

You liar, Heather!!! You totally wanted to sit on the saddle!! hahaha