Thursday, May 20, 2010

Whew

Las Vegas. That's where I went last weekend. I honestly despise "The Strip." There's just a bunch of filth and stupidity that goes on there every.single.night. However, I do enjoy driving down The Strip in my car with my windows rolled down. (Only one time though). It's quite entertaining. It's almost better than "people watching" at Disneyland. Here's what we came across as we were cruising the strip:


Seriously, this was so funny to me. A bunch of brothas, chillin. You know they're probably in deep doo-doo here... or maybe not. Still, it was really funny to me to see them hangin out on this cop car. I definitely was NOT in Provo anymore.

The good thing about Vegas is that it's HUGE. Just because I was in Las Vegas didn't mean I had to be on the strip. Instead, I got to spend a majority of my time at the beautiful temple, which sits on the opposite end of the strip on top of the hills there. I love how many members are in Vegas too. The temple just glows with purity and beauty. Quite a difference from The Strip.

Ashley and I drove down on a Friday. I had the opportunity to shoot my first wedding! I was super excited about it and I am so grateful I was asked to shoot their wedding. I learned a ton and it was quite an experience. When we got there Friday, we met Hannah and Jarred at the temple and I took their "couple shots." Beautiful. It was a lot of fun.

We then drove to my cousin, Samye and Dustin's house in South West, Last Vegas. I'm really glad we finally were able to stop and hang out with these guys. They were a lot of fun! We were all so busy that weekend though, we hardly had any time to spend together. I'm just glad we at least got to chat for a little bit. Dustin and Samye are SUCH a great couple. I wish Nick could have come along. He and Dustin would really hit it off. Samye got up at 4:30 Saturday morning and ran the "Irongirl" ( I think that's what it's called.) She has 3 babies and the woman ran a triathlon. I want to be like her! She did awesome.

Ashley stayed up till 2 am Friday night making Hannah's cake. We woke up early the next morning to start all the wedding photography stuff. It lasted all.day.long. We met some wonderful people and made new friends. It was a lot of fun. I won't lie though... Ashley and I were EXHAUSTED. I mean, exhausted. I seriously have never been that tired in my entire life. It's amazing how much photography can take out of you. Ashley was my little assistant and she was such a huge help. We got some fun shots! Even though my feet were swollen... and I woke up with a swollen face (?) and we went to bed at 9 pm., I had SUCH a wonderful time and it was an amazing experience being a wedding photographer. I really enjoy weddings and I hope to do more in the future!

For those of you who read this whole thing, consider yourself a good friend. Or now you might not want to be my friend because this post was quite boring.





now... off to Texas in a couple of weeks for some photo sessions! :)

1 comment:

Katherine Young said...

i read the whole post and i liked it. booya! wish i could have been there with you guys!