I am SO excited for Jason and McKell's little boy to arrive in July! It's such a fun time in their lives... well I should say OUR lives, because the 4 of us are always together. :) Jason's older sister, Tristin organized the shower and had it at their house in Orem. She asked me if I could be in charge of decorations and food! I was all over that! I love doing things like this. :) We originally wanted to have the shower outside, but it was rainy and cold (darn it)... but It turned out cute, none-the-less. Jason's little sister helped me plan out everything. She's so cute and was such a big help. Tris sent out about 130 invitations... so we were anticipating a lot of people! The house was packed. It was a lot of fun.
I had a lot of fun thinking of cute ways to decorate for the shower. I spent about 2 days making a few things. The pom pom looking things hanging took quite a while to make, but they were super easy! I just think they're SUPER cute and not too expensive!
( I wish I took a better picture of the place... it was probably cuter in person. )
I literally packed up half my apartment and brought it over to the Harmons to decorate. Haha.
You can't really see it, but there's wire letters hanging that says "baby". I got that idea from a Martha Stuart magazine. They were VERY tedious, but super adorable. I just shaped the wire to make the letter and wrapped little white flower buds around the wire.
This was our dessert table. Jason's little sister, McKenzie made the cute rice krispie treats and my sister Ashley made the ADORABLE cupcakes. I wish I got a closer picture of those too. Again, Ashley was A TON of help for this shower too. I decided that Ashley and I make a GREAT team when it comes to doing creative things. She's great to work with and has lots of wonderful ideas. We had cream puffs, chocolate covered strawberries, brownies, lemon bars, cookies, carmel popcorn.... yum!
here's the "baby" sign hanging at my house before we brought it over to the party.
and last but not least, I made Jas and McKell a diaper cake.
I've seen them before and I thought it was a pretty cute idea. I really had no idea what I was doing, but it turned out okay! McKell seemed to love it, so that's what matters!
I had really cute burp blankets wrapped in there and some bottles too.
the shower was a HIT and McKell and Jason are set for a while!
I am really happy for them and love them very much.



4 comments:
SOOOO Cute Heather!!! You are so talented. I love all the cute decorations. You did a great job on it all.
Cute, Heather! I love that you made that diaper cake. Those are cute diapers, I've never seen any like that before.
All the food looked so yummy. And I can't believe that she invited so many people!!!! That's the biggest baby shower I've ever heard of.
That is such a big shower!! How fun!! You did such a great job!!!! You and Ashley are pros! Hope to see you guys soon- it's been way too long!
CUTE!!! you guys did such a good job. i cant wait for my baby shower ;-). haha.
Post a Comment