Today is Saturday and I feel like blogging.
Last night was Ashley and Lance's open house! It was a lot of fun to help Ashley and to be there for the whole thing. Thanks to everyone that came! It was a lot of fun seeing her childhood friend, Heather, there with her new husband. They came all the way from Idaho, and then drove right back. So nice of them! Lance and Ashley are such a great couple. They're SO good for each other, I think. I'm so happy to have Lance apart of the family. It's also super fun because Ashley and I are BOTH married now! How weird is that?! It's fun having a brother in law!
I'm loving it because I can feel FALL in the air! Seriously. It's almost time to bring out the hoodies! I LOVE LOVE the trees when they all change colors. I'm very disappointed in myself because we haven't driven up the Alpine Loop not ONCE this summer! Shame on us! ( The Alpine Loop is a BEAUTIFUL drive through the mountains near Provo and American Fork.) We will DEFINITELY go for that drive when the leaves start changing though! Oh, what wonderful things my camera will capture! I'm also very proud and excited for BYU and the start off to a great season! I hope they go undefeated this year! They deserve it!
Ok, this is totally random.... but for those of you that know me... know that I get super freaked out at the thought of someone breaking into our apartment, or me being kidnapped or stalked by weirdos. Seriously, it's my worst nightmare. It has been ever since I was a little girl. I think it all started when I used to watch "rescue 9-1-1". Even though that show scared me ( my parent's didn't know it scared me) I still LOVED to watch it! It was very interesting to me.
I hardly ever watch TV, but there was a show on the past few nights called "E! Stalkers" and "E! kidnappers" or something like that... but I just can't believe all the crazy people that are out there! I sware MOST of the weirdo's creep Provo, Utah because we have a ton of pure, innocent girls that go to BYU here. Seriously, you either see normal, wholesome people... or CREEP-Os. There's no "in between." Anyway, so after watching this show... about men who stalk women and then kill them... and also not to mention, the kidnapping show... it talked about Elizabeth S ( I don't wanna use her last name for safety reasons...you know, when people google her name I don't want my blog to pop up. :)) and her whole story too, the next morning, EARLY, I took Nick to school. When I came home.... there was a creep-o, pushing a shopping cart.... with a LONG black beard. He stared at me as I got out of my car ( about to walk to my apartment.) I stared at him back so he would know i noticed him starring. It didn't phase him though. We had eye contact for a good 15 seconds. Too much for me. His eyes were dark and empty. I had such a gross feeling. I turned and started walking towards our complex. He kept walking. Don't worry, I made sure he wasn't watching to see what apartment i went into. Yeah right! I'm not that dumb. He sure scared me though. (Another reason why I am grateful for the Holy Ghost. I really had a bad feeling with that guy.) I DO know if we listen to the spirit... he WILL protect us. He seriously looked like the SAME guy that kidnapped Elizabeth S. I'm SERIOUS. I know that guy is locked up... but still. I'm sure I had nothing to be scared about... but you would be scared too especially after watching those stalking and kidnapping stories on TV!
Not to mention the mexicano next door stole my bike.
Am I in the bronx or something? Sheesh.
Ok, That was my scary story for the week! Don't tell my dad. Hope you all are doing wonderful!

4 comments:
im ALWAYS scared someone is going to break into the house. i cant even watch those shows, or ill have nightmares for a week!
Heather, you crack me up! However I totally get your fear. Sometimes while I'm lying in bed, I think up break-in scenarios and what my escape plan would be. The scary thing is that I need to make sure to grab Jonathan from his room and "What if they come through the front door?". I have to break his window, but that's at the front of the house too. What about what I sleep in cuz let's be honest -it's not a lot. And what if...ok, I'll stop. But it's scary, I agree. On another note, wish we could have been at one of Ashley's and Lance's receptions but it sounds like y'all had a ton of fun. Hope to see y'all soon!
wait til you have kids who SAY really socially wrong things when they see people who don't look like them! the other day emily told a black guy at the grocery store twice that he was "a crazy guy." Yeah...not good.
haha! i love how you said " dont tell my dad". haha. that is SCARY though!!!!! have i ever told you about when i called 911 thinking someone was in my house??....and no one was. yep, 3 police cars and all came to rescue me from my "intruder". oops.
Post a Comment