Monday, September 14, 2009

speechless. but not completely...

Tonight, I sat down and watched the VMA awards. I was FUMING mad that Kanye West was so rude to Taylor Swift when she won her award! For those of you who didn't watch it... as she was in the middle of her acceptance speech... he came on stage... grabbed the mic from her... and said " sorry Taylor, I'll let you finish in a minute.... but BEYONCE had the BEST music video of the year!!!!" Everyone in the audience started booing him ( along with ME at home). What an idiot! How selfish and pompus of him to get on stage during her special moment! She's what... like 19? That was an AWESOME award to acheive and he made her feel so bad! Yes, we all can have our own opinions... but he definitely should have NOT gone up on stage. The only thing he did was hurt her feelings and then made himself look like a fool. I felt so bad for her! Ok... sorry, I just had to vent.


Beyonce on the other hand was SO classy. She ended up winning best music video at the end of the awards show and she brought Taylor onstage so she could finish her speech. I LOVED that. (I heard Kanye was escorted out of the building after his rude comment on stage.)

Good Job, Taylor! She deserved that award.



on another note.

I was telling Nick how AWFUL tv is getting! I mean, seriously. I told him I am VERY nervous for our children.... I told him TV wasn't THIS bad 10 years ago! It has rapidly gotten worse and worse. I thought the VMA awards was a bit raunchy. The things they're allowed to say on tv.... the things they're allowed to wear. Some dude prayed to Satan during the awards show? I don't care if it was a joke. That was completely un called for.

The #1 raunchy award should go to: Lady Ga Ga.
Not only was her performance dirty and gross ( she had fake blood all over her....) She won an award... and thanked "God and the Gays."
No comment.

Her outfits were out of control.... Is she crying for attention here? Or is she just insane? I sure hope little girls are not looking to her as a roll model.

these outfits have left me speechless....






Is she for real?


It's seriously scary how Satan uses media to ruin children's pure minds. You might think i'm exaggerating.... but I think people need to wake up and realize this stuff. It's pretty scary to think how BAD the media is and how much they're getting away with NOW.... think about YOUR own kids... and what THEY will have to face...

Nick and I have no idea what awaits us as parents... and I know it won't be easy... but I do know we have the gospel. We are establishing a home of peace and safety. Our home is centered around the Savior and His teachings. I hope our children will recognize the evils of the world and will want and be able to come HOME to get away from it. It's only going to get worse... but as a family... we can be happy and enjoy the blessings and GOOD things life has to offer. Because there are GOOD things too.... and I'm grateful for that. :)

4 comments:

Sherman Shinanigans said...

i couldnt agree more. nathan and i sat down to watch GLEE last night, thinking it was just a cute high school singing show. i couldnt believe they put so much sex in the show. seriously? is there ANYTHING good to watch anymore?

Elle Keeps Moving said...

Amen, Heather!! I totally agree.

Btw, I totally splurged and bought the Office too!! We are bad girls, aren't we?! We have been loving it, but we just never have time to really watch it so we need to get together and watch it soon.

Katherine Young said...

i agree. there really is nothing good on tv anymore.

and he is a big weirdo and i cant beleive he did that to taylor swift!

Ali said...

hahaha! heather I love you! your gonna make such a good little mommy! I am glad you wrote about all that, because some people here had heard some rumors but I didn't understand what had happened.