so... remember our little house in Orem? Well, we sold our contract to a sweet Argentine family. They're actually from Nick's mission. They have been living in the United States for the past few years though. The last night we were cleaning our empty house, they came by to get ready to move their things in. We got to talking and ended up giving them a book of mormon. We talked some more and they invited us to come over to have a LEGIT Argentine Asado ( like a bbq). Nick was THRILLED. ( That was his MOST FAVORITE thing to eat in Argentina.) Argentines LOVE meat and they eat A LOT of it. The whole time I was in Argentina, I never got to eat an asado.
Last night, I did though and boy was it good. It brought back a lot of memories. We had a salad ( consisted of tomatoes, cabbage, olive oil and salt.) That's how they do their salads there. Then... there was LOTS of meat. We brought Jason and McKell along with us too, since Jason also served in Argentina. Nick ate and ate and ate.... and ate. I'm not joking. It was delicious. It's something about the cut of meat they use and they only season it with salt... but its DANG good.
Speaking of GOOD food.... oh my goodness. Our friends, Brad and Michelle, work at a restaurant called: "Simply Thai" in Sandy, Utah. Michelle's mom owns it and is Thai herself. I haven't had Thai food in a LONG time... I can't remember the last time I had it.
Can I please tell you how AMAZING this place was? I mean, it was real- legit Thai food for a GOOD price too. DELICIOUS! It is now one of our top picks for a restaurant. Seriously. You HAVE to go there and just TRY the food. Don't forget to try the sticky rice with Mango. SO good. ( ps- can you tell I'm hungry? We just got home from church and we haven't eaten yet...)
Here's their web site. Check it out!
Speaking of church... we love our new ward. Everyone is really nice. The bishop called us in today and extended us the calling to be Gospel Doctrine Teachers. We are super excited. I taught gospel doctrine a few years ago in a BYU ward and loved it. It's going to be even better this time because Nick and I get to teach it together. We're super excited.




1 comment:
Yikes! Gospel Doctrine! That's my most feared calling. Good luck, and your food sounded good. I've never even seen Simply Thai, and I lived in Sandy for almost two years. Hm.
Post a Comment