Nick and I are sick of being fat.
Nick, Fat? Impossible. You say? He's far from fat, but he's definitely got more meat on his bones than when I met him a few years ago. It's not his fault he's married to a Texas girl who loves to cook. ( We know how to eat in Texas, huh guys!?)
Nick and I decided we didn't want to be that obese couple in the ward at church who has to get by on electric wheelchairs and gross everyone around us by breathing loudly, like obese people tend to do. ( wow, that was a very mean paragraph.)
Nick and I have been so busy with school and other things, we have forgotten to work out. We have a goal to lose weight by the end of the summer and then some. Not only do we want to lose weight, but we want to be FIT. Don't be surprised if you see Nick and I on the front of a fitness magazine in a few months. ;) I'm also excited because I'm learning new meals to cook that are healthy and good for you.
Yesterday was our first real day of working out with weights.... HOLY COW am I sore today. I don't think I've worked out like that since high school. Sad, I know. I really don't enjoy working out... but hopefully my mind will change... because we will be doing this 5x a week. :) Hopefully we'll be going on lots of hikes and bike rides too!
Check out this AWESOME website Nick and I are using to help us keep track of what we're eating and what we're doing to excersize. You should check it out !
Click here to set your own goals!
Wish us luck!


4 comments:
lol this made me laugh! and heaven forbid you turn out like the obese couple in a wheelchair and breathing hard....no no we don't want that fo sho!
i was about to write you a mean comment for not actually posting the website you were talking about but then i found it. haha. that first picture made me laugh so hard! good luck!!!! let me know how it goes!!!!! it probably wont go as good as when WE used to work out at the gym.....bc we pushed ourselves soooo hard.....oh wait. no. no we didnt.
Hey! There is an app for the iPhone that makes ALL the difference in losing weight.
Losing weight is 70% your diet (and 25% weights, 5% cardio) so eating well is paramount!
Oh, the app is called Lose It! and it's free in the app store. It helps you track your calories and set up a plan.
I'm using it on my iPod touch, and it's working like gangbusters! Men's Health keeps calling me...
Oh, I got really excited and didn't read your last paragraph for the website you are using. Oops. That's good. It helps so much.
Post a Comment