Nick and I had a relaxing, fun weekend. Friday night, we decided to camp out on University Avenue along with 10 billion other people. We luckily found a spot to lay our blankets out. We also brought along our card table and played a few games. I have never seen University Avenue SO insane in my life. There were cops EVERYWHERE... people getting pulled over left and right.... tons of crazy people either playing xbox on big screens, riding bikes, tandems, harleys, and all the old people even decided to take their old, show cars to drag the strip. It was quite entertaining actually... but I don't think I wanna do that again next year. I'd much rather camp in the mountains in the peace and quiet. These people were all camping out to reserve their spots for the huge parade the following morning. Around 1 am, it started to lightning and thunder and it poured rain. We quickly grabbed our stuff and booked it to the car. We luckily got to sleep in our own beds and drove back in the morning to see the parade. It was a lot of fun.
This was probably my most favorite float. Only in Provo will you see 80 missionaries in a parade singing " Called to Serve". LOVED it. ( The crowd cheered more for them than anyone else...)
Probably the cutest Uncle Sam I've ever seen :)

We went over to the Beifuss' to have lunch. It was nice to just relax and enjoy ourselves.


Later that evening, we went over to Nick's parents house and had another yummy BBQ. We also set off some small fireworks in the street. Isaac was having the time of his life.
When it started getting dark, Nick and I drove back to Provo to watch the Stadium of Fire's fire works. Luckily, my almost-brother-in-law, Lance, owns a house on Stadium Avenue... so we had an awesome view of it all. We decided to watch them on his roof. This day is always special to me because exactly a year ago, Nick kissed me for the first time AND we became official too. :) I love the 4th of July! God bless America! We hope you guys had a wonderful weekend too!


No comments:
Post a Comment