If I had my child to raise over again. I’d build self-esteem first and the “rest” later. I’d finger paint with them more, and “point-the-finger” less I would do less “correcting” and more “connecting” I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch more with my eyes I would care to know less, and know to care more I’d take them on more hikes and fly with them more kites I’d stop playing seriously and start serious play I’d run through more fields and point out more stars I’d do more hugging and less tugging I’d compliment much more and comment much less I would be firm less often and affirm much more. I’d ponder less about the love of power ....and more about the power of love. Diane Loomans
I hope I'm THAT kind of a mom.
( a story my dad showed me. Thanks dad, for all you do. You're the best. Love you!)
1 comment:
i saw that video awhile back, thanks for the reminder! that is touching, and such a good reminder of how blessed we are!
Post a Comment