Friday, February 6, 2009

Read This:


Ever since I was a little girl, I've always loved to read. I also loved to draw and paint. While most kids had barbies and dolls, I had markers and paint. Just give me a crayon and a piece of paper and that would keep me occupied for hours. I also used to love to play School with my siblings, cousins, neighbors and friends. They would all gather around and I'd be the teacher. I played SO much in fact, that my dad bought me a large chalkboard. The neighbor kids would always play, ( but I secretly think they hated me because we played so much and I was ALWAYS the teacher.) Hence the fact that I am going to college to become a teacher. A real one. Over the past few years, I have collected children's books. I love, love, love children's books. Our book shelf consists of church books and children's books. ( I KNOW I'll use them in my classes and I'm EXCITED to have my own children read them.) 

One of my most favorite children's books is by Shel Silverstein... called: 
The Giving Tree
If you haven't read this story, I highly recommend it. I love this one especially because it's for ALL ages and it tells a valuable story. I have an eye for legit children's books, I tell you. Don't believe me? Come on over and rent a book or two from me. 
We could all use a child's book or two in our own lives. 
Live a litte. 

No comments: