Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm trying to be like Jesus


I love, love President Hinckley. I LOVE this story. It really touched my heart. I hope it touched yours.

Today I watched the new movie about Gordon B Hinckley on DVD. WOW. I really enjoyed that. One of the things that touched me when I watched that movie was how loving his mother was. Ada Bitner. I loved that she was ALWAYS teaching her boys. She taught him by example. She loved to read and always read with Gordon. ( I believe this is very important.) I want to read with my children too. I LOVED books when I was a child... I hope mine do too. The thing I loved MOST about his mother though, was that when Gordon would get into trouble, she would teach him and ALWAYS say... " Would Jesus do that?" I decided today that I will ALWAYS use that in our house hold. Our motto will be " I'm trying to be like Jesus," and really work on that. :) I love this gospel!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Awesome Heather, now all you need is some guinea pigs to try it all out on! (babies/kids)