Ok, so this picture doesn't do justice.
I know it's not Saint Patrick's day or anything, but it's ALMOST March, and I'm seriously loving the weather outside... I'm in the mood for corned beef and cabbage.
If you've never had this meal before, it's delish.
It's simmering right now as we speak and boy does our house smell good!
( My personal favorite is the cabbage and carrots. If you season it right, they're SO good.)
We are also having red potatoes and lemonade.
I'm feeding 5 other mouths tonight ( I love that CJ and Ashley live in Provo)
We LOVE guests.
While eating this delicious meal tonight, we will be watching American Idol.
YES!
ps. I am SO excited spring is coming! Seriously.
Here is the Recipe:
(Upon Katherine's request)
* get yourself a bag of "Corned Beef" from Costco. ( It's in a bag, but it looks like a pot roast or something.)
* Put corned beef in a large pot, cover beef in water, add the seasoning package the beef comes with, bring it to a boil.
* After corned beef has boiled, lower heat to a simmer. Let beef simmer for 3-4 hours. ( you want the meat tender. The slower it cooks, the better.)
( Also, I chopped 1 yellow onion and threw it in the pot to add flavor.)
* about 45 minutes before you eat... chop up your cabbage ( however you like it... its best to chop it like you were eating a salad.) Then chop up 2-3 carrots ( in slices.)
* Put all these together in a large pan on the stove. Season with Veggie seasoning OR salt, pepper and a little garlic seasoning. ADD BUTTER. It's adds a lot of taste.
*Cook on Low-Medium heat until the cabbage and carrots are tender.
*Also, get about 8-10 red potatoes.
*You can either boil these and season them or cook them in the oven.
This is how I'm doing them:
*Slice each potato ( you know, there should be around 5 or 6 slices per potato)
*Get out a large "cookie" sheet. cover with a thin layer of Olive oil.
*cover pan with potato slices, then season with salt, pepper, garlic seasoning, and a little basil.
Let bake in oven for about 30-40 min.
They should be a little crunchy.
Good luck, Kat face!


5 comments:
heather. i have never eaten this corned beef and cabbage thing but it sounds gross. i would like to make it though- please blog a recipe so i can do that. i lvoe you. goodbye.
you go chef heather!
hahahhaha katherine, you crack me up. It's good I PROMISE. I learned of this great meal from Holly,... hello! :)
I love corned beef and cabbage but Brigham hates it. Luckily my grandpa makes it every year so I will be getting some from now on!
HAHAHAH katheirne you are so FREAKING funny. and it was dang good. yum. thanks again for feeding us. it was bomb
Post a Comment