Madeline sure is growing up!
It's so fun watching her explore the world around her.
Lately, she's really starting to communicate back with us & it seems like she understands a lot more.
She now signs "EAT"to me when she's hungry and "more" when she wants more. :)
She's even started "signing" the alphabet when I sing the ABC's to her. ( I've always signed the abcs to her. It is so cute watching her move her little fingers.)
Anytime ANY music is on... she stops whatever she's doing and DANCES. She shakes her booty and stomps her foot. It really is SO cute. She is so much fun.
She also likes to climb up on anything and everything she shouldn't.
We've since rearranged our house so things like this don't happen anymore:
Last week was a rough week for little Madeline.
Her molars are coming in, so it's been quite painful.
I gave her a Popsicle to help numb the pain and she loved it.
Sometimes I think she secretly hates me...
I have been SO blessed to have made such lovely, wonderful friends out here in Philly.
I love how tight knit everyone is. It really has been a HUGE blessing to get to know each of these girls. It's been SO good for me... I feel like I'm back in "my zone"... there was a while there when we lived in Provo where I kind of just kept to myself and my little family... mainly because I felt like everyone else was doing the same thing... and I forgot what it was like to make new, wonderful friends! It really is a huge blessing to be SOCIAL and get to know the people around you. I've always been social, I just got in a little rut, and thanks to philly... It's made me come back out of my shell.
This picture was from my dear friend, Allyson's, birthday. We went to a movie!
(top left: Tiffany, Allyson, Deborah... Bottom left: Lindley, Christie, Sarah, and me)
So for Christmas/Valentines, Nick got us tickets to go see WICKED on Broadway in New York City!
It would be the first time we'd be away from Madeline ALL day and all night. Or it least it felt that way. Thankfully, some of the awesome girls in the ward were SO sweet to watch her for us. She was in good hands and I wasn't worried for a second. It sounded like Madeline had a blast and she loved playing with new friends. ( She is SO social!)
Oh, this picture was from a valentines dance the stake put on!
( Left to right: Nate, Sarah, Madeline, Me, Anika, Dave, Alex, and Allyson.) These are some of the wonderful people that are also going to medical school and dental school here in Philly. We've become good friends with these lovely folks!
So here are some pictures from Wicked last night! ( I just snapped some real quick from my iphone.)
It was raining on the way home, but heres a pic of the skyline of NYC on the way out...
Wicked was SOOO much fun! I've always wanted to see it in New York! Nick made my dream come true and we went last night! We left at 3 and drove the 2 hours to NYC. There was lots of traffic getting into the city at the Lincoln tunnel, but we made it just in the knick of time. We ate at chipotle right around the corner from the theater and took our seats. It was AMAZING. I saw Wicked once in Dallas and I feel in love with it. This was my second time and Nick's first time. He really liked it too! The costumes, music, and set were absolutely amazing! Oh I just love broadways. I told Nick we are going to see MANY more throughout our lifetime together. :) I think he's on board. He really liked Les Mis in the theater... I can't wait to take him to the musical one day soon! The show ended at about 10 pm and we got home around midnight. Bless Nick's heart for taking me on a SCHOOL night! He's such a good husband. haha.
If you haven't seen Wicked... GO!









No comments:
Post a Comment