Not that I'm an expert or anything, but I just wanted to share some of Madeline's favorite books incase you're looking for new reads for your little ones. These would also make great baby shower gifts or christmas gifts for your babes.
For those of you with babies... I HIGHLY recommend these books!
Madeline has absolutely loved ALL of them and she recognizes them when I recite them to her. She immediately stops crying if I start saying, " Brown bear, brown bear, what do you see?" or " Chicka chicka, boom boom, will there be enough room?" She LOVES her books. These books I've recommended below are seriously soo great for babies and young readers. Most of them have rhymes or are repetitious and these babies LOVE that & it is stimulating to their brains.
My advise to those of you who have babies at least 18 months old and younger, to choose 5 different books ( or so ) and read them over and over to your little one so he or she gets familiar with that book. It will be a life saver when they're sad or crying in church. ;) Why? Because the book is FAMILIAR to them and they love that. ( Choosing books with rhyme and repetition adds an extra plus... some babies even learn to memorize these when they start talking and it does all sorts of amazing things to their little brains and will completely boost their reading comprehension even before they can read at all!
![]() |
| My sister, Ashley, gave Madeline this book. This is a great book because its very repetitious and it involves numbers. We have lots of fun reading this book together. |
Reading books to your child does wonders for them. Research has shown that parents that read to their infants ( as young as a day old & up), when those babies grow up, they'll have a longer attention span in school and not to mention, they'll most likely have a deep love for BOOKS!







2 comments:
That's why Z can read the Mercer Mayer books to me now! He sees the pictures and knows what it says because I read it to him all the time. That is a great list of books! Thank you for sharing!
those are some of our favorites too! so fun when they start responding to books!!
Post a Comment