Thursday, October 11, 2012

Girls Week!


For the past two in a half weeks, I've been blessed with the presence of my family ( minus my dad and CJ) and it was a total blast. I'm a bit bummed tonight because my house is quiet and back to normal. I'm so glad Katherine and her sweet baby girl, Kate, could come too. We had such a wonderful girls week together and made lots of fun memories out here on the east coast. 


Here we are at the train station in Philly waiting to take the train to New York. It was our first train experience & it was quite pleasant. It was only a 1 hour trip. The babies were awesome too. 

On the train. She's sooo cute. 

I kept calling Scout my "Baby Alive". Remember those dolls? Where you feed them with a fake bottle and change their diaper because they fake peed? She's seriously a cabbage patch doll. 

I love this beauty. 

It was SO much fun showing my mom and sisters around. It was Celeste's first time on the East side of the country. I took them to a delicious pizza place by my house and of course I had them try philly cheese steaks too. 

( These pictures are totally out of order.) I also took them to Amish Country. One of my absolute favorite things about where I live. Breathtaking! 

DELICIOUS. We had lunch at Shake Shack in NYC. 


I loved that these girls came along too!! Katherine is practically my sister. 

Celeste is such an adorable Auntie. 

Our hotel was just a block from Times Square. ( We stayed one night there.) 

Amish Country. See? Don't you wanna come visit me now? ps- Autumn here is to-die-for. 

Slumber Party! 

BFFs

me and my baby alive. 

took them to the Reading Terminal in down town Philly. YUM. 



Scout and Uncle Nick. ( He's SOO good with babies.) 

I highly recommend riding trains. 

Having fun in our Hotel

Madeline loved her Grammy

Yuck. I love New York but there's WAY too many people. If and when I go back it will strictly be for the Broadways and Magnolia Bakery. ;) 



One of my favorite places for baby clothes


You can't go to New York and not eat off from one of the food trucks. ( Don't worry, everyone said this one was good.) And it was okay. haha. 

I highly recommend this place: Magnolia Bakery. EVERYTHING IN HERE IS SOOO DELICIOUS. Oh my goodness. 

Nick ended up meeting up with us in New York! I loved that he was able to come and hang out with us! He was such a trooper with all of us girls and babies! 


Cousins! ( aka mini Nick and mini Lance) 

"Don't Honk $350 penalty." Seriously. WAY too much honking in this city. 

You better believe our transportation were the SUBWAYS in NYC. Keep in mind we had 3 strollers too. I did NOT enjoy the subway experience and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I'm too paranoid too enjoy it. Too many weirdos and meanies. 



My house was turned upside down but I would do it again and again to have all of us together! Even if we were crammed in a little apartment for a week.


"Kitchen Kettle Village" ( Amish Country) 

see? Baby alive. or Gerber baby. 

The last day the girls were here, I took them to Independence Hall so they could see the history in this awesome city. 



 Thanks again for coming, family! I LOVED having you guys! Can't wait to see you at Christmas! 

No comments: