Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Delicious Chicken Recipes

So lately it's been hard for me to find yummy, EASY, chicken meals. Well, thank heavens for Pinterest. I love trying new recipes and it's rare that I find "duds" on pinterest. There's been a few here and there.. but these next few chicken recipes will change your life! You can thank me later. 


This next recipe... Nick LOVED. He said it's one of his top favorites EVER. You should DEFINITELY make this one. { Chicken thighs are a huge key here. So yummy!} Super easy to make too. ( ps- I totally copied and pasted this lady's recipe... but you can go to her original link by clicking on the title below.) 



I have never gotten so many compliments before, let alone for a piece of chicken. David suggested calling this chicken, “So Good it Can’t Be Described, Explosion on Your Taste Buds Chicken.” Exactly. I have never encountered a dish that is so basic and simple to put together yet creates such a big pay off. This chicken, quite simply, is one of the most savory things I’ve ever eaten. If you are the busiest person on the planet and don’t have much cooking experience, but you have to prepare a meal to woo the love of your life, cook this chicken!

To make this chicken, which you should absolutely do immediately, preheat your oven to 450ºF. Then, mix together 1/2 cup of dijon mustard, 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and 1 tablespoon of rice wine vinegar. 

Put a 1.5 pound package of chicken thighs into a foil-lined, oven-proof baking dish. I used boneless, skinless thighs. Six came in my package, which made enough to serve 3 people. Then, salt and pepper the thighs. Pour your maple mustard mixture over them, turning the thighs in the mixture so they are fully coated. 

Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through. I find that a meat thermometer is essential in cooking because it allows me to check for doneness without cutting into the meat and losing its precious juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary. If there is ever a time to use fresh herbs, THIS IS IT! The flavors are just so good together. Enjoy the savory goodness of this meal!
Shopping list:
  • Chicken thighs- 1 package
  • Dijon mustard- 1/2 cup
  • Maple syrup- 1/4 cup
  • Rice wine vinegar- 1 tablespoon
  • Fresh rosemary


I made this last night and Nick couldn't get over how delicious this was. He is a huge meat eater... so this is saying something! This chicken calls for Mayonaise, but there's tons of subsitutes for Mayo... I used half sour cream half mayonaise... or you can use plain greek yogurt! ( I wanted to use that, but I accidently bought vanilla. ) It was super yummy though!! 


4 boneless chicken breast halves 1 cup mayonnaise 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoning salt 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper 1 teaspoon garlic powder Directions: 1 Mix mayonnaise, cheese and seasonings. 2 Spread mixture over chicken breast and place in baking dish. 3 Bake at 375°F for 45 minutes.


Okay, so I know it's still summer... but who doesn't love a good soup? I decided to try this one out. GUYS... IT IS SOOO DELICIOUS. Again, chicken thighs are a HUGE key here to make it delicious. I also added about 2.5 cups  of chicken ( about 5 small thighs instead of 4). Nick loved that there was more chicken than usual. It seriously was so yummy. I also let it simmer an extra hour ( before I put the chicken and noodles in) and it was SOO yummy.  

PS- Make CORN BREAD with this soup. I usually just buy a corn bread mix from the store... I follow the directions, but here's a TO-DIE-FOR secret ingredient that makes the corn bread taste like heaven: add about 1/2 C of SUGAR. That's right. Sugar. It will also change your life. ( am I the only one that knows this delicious secret?) 

I know it’s very hot out, but sometimes hot or cold,  I need comfort food.  Growing up, my Grandmother C. lived with us on and off for years. She was a great cook and I loved her home-made chicken and noodles. She tried a number of times to teach me how to make those wonderful noodles, the kind with eggs and flour, roll out thin, dry on wax paper and cut paper thin. I just never could do it like hers. So, when I miss her, this is what I cook.

Chicken and Noodle Soup
5 cups of chicken broth (boxed or can is fine)
One 10.75 oz can cream of chicken soup
1/2 cup onions, chopped fine
1/2 cup celery, chopped fine
1/2 cup carrots, chopped fine
1/2 cup green onions, sliced
One 15 oz can of whole kernel corn, drained
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 1/2 cup Egg noodles
2 cups cooked chicken chopped or 2 cans canned cooked chicken

Add everything but the noodles and cooked chicken to the crock pot on Low for 5-6 hours, the last hour turn on High, and add noodles and chicken.

No comments: