Thursday, May 31, 2012

California



California. How I love you. I'm going to MISS you. 

Nick and I were able to go down to southern California to visit some of my closest friends. 
We had so much fun! First we went and stayed with Kristi, Ean and her parents. They are seriously some of my most favorite people in the world. It's always so fun and refreshing seeing those guys. I had a lot of fun catching up with Kristi and getting to know her sweet baby girl. Kristi and I were roommates a few years back and she became like a sister to me. I'm not sure if I have ever laughed as hard as I have with Kristi. I love her! 

After staying with her for a few days, we went to my best friend, Emily's house. My cousin (and her husband) Ben, is doing residency out there and they got a house out there. Emily was my very first roommate freshman year at BYU. We hit it off immediately and have been best friends ever since. Emily has been a HUGE blessing in my life. She has been there for me through thick and thin and always will be. It has been SO fun watching her raise her little family over the years. She is such a good friend and I'm so lucky to have her in my life. We try to see each other a couple of times a year. I'm so glad we were able to stay with them for a few days to spend some time together. We had so much fun, ate lots of delicious meals made by emily, went to the beach, and just enjoyed each other's company. We are going to miss these guys, but I hope there will be many visits before medical school is over! 

our snacks for the long road trip! 

of course, we stopped in St.George for a nice little break

She loves to see the temple :) 


one of my favorite places ever: Kristi's parent's house

Kristi's husband, Ean, built this awesome clay oven. You better believe we made some delicious pizzas!

my yummy margarita pizza ready for the oven 

their massive dog: Shep

Madeline and Anna

One of my favorite places to eat in Riverside



I love them!



the view from their back porch 


on a little walk 

Emily and Ben's cute girls: Abby and Gracie 

On a pretty walk near their home 




Olivia turned ONE while we were there! She's so cute!

my forever frien!



opening Olivia's presents

Ben playing Beauty and the Beast on the Piano. 



Here we are... two babies, two girlies, and 4 parents on our way to the beach! 


Her first time to see the Pacific Ocean!



Venice beach was quite entertaining. The people there were very interesting. Haha. 








We also went swimming at their community pool. This little boy came up to Nick and said " Can I pet her?" ( talking about Madeline.) And he did. haha. ?? 





yummy dessert from chilis! 





 ( I stole the following pictures from Emily's blog. :) 





We love our dear friends!! Thanks again for such a FUN vacation! 

2 comments:

Emily said...

COME BACK! !!

jessH said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I totally understand why you didn't want to come home :)