Wednesday, April 4, 2012

it's official

We will be moving to Philadelphia this summer where Nick will attend Temple University for medical school. We'll live in the city for a year and then in Bethlehem for 3 years. ( There are 2 campus locations.) This was Nick's favorite school out of all the places he interviewed, so he's very excited. I've never been to Philly, and I'm not really familiar with the east coast, so I'm a bit nervous. I'm sad to leave family and friends and the comfort of knowing everything around here... but this will be such a neat experience! 

There is SO much history back east and we'll only be an hour away from New York City!
( Plus the food is SO amazing over there. The food in NYC and Boston was to die for delicious when I went a few years ago. Haha.) I'm excited to see what adventures we'll have as a little family back east. I hope to do the church history tour while we're over there! I'm VERY excited for autumn out there too. Nick says is very beautiful out there... lots of rolling hills and quaint homes. I can't wait to see it all. 

I will miss my family and I'm sad to leave Ashley and Scout! Hopefully I'll get to come visit and she'll visit me! So many mixed emotions. It's temporary though, so I want to soak it up and enjoy it while we're out there! 

Now we've just gotta figure out where we're going to live, sell all our stuff, and figure out moving, etc. If you've lived in Philly, I'd love any advise! :) We'll be moving early July I think. 
Congrats to Nick! I'm excited to start this new chapter with my little family. 







5 comments:

Jason and McKell said...

I am so excited for you guys, but sad to you'll be so far away.

The Risenmays said...

Wow! Scary but exciting all at the same time. I'm sure you guys will have such an amazing experience. good luck!

Jared said...

SO exciting!! Congrats to Nick! One of my besties lives in Philly where her husband is going to dental school (he's from there) so I'm sure she'd have a lot of advice. She's about to have a baby, but you should definitely contact her sometime! I'll send her info to you through FB. And we'll be just two hours away so we'll definitely come out there for a visit! xo

Jared said...

that was me, ellen, not jared.

Emily said...

Congrats guys! Hope to see you this fall! Anytime you're needing a "change", Nick is super busy wih school, or to see some family come visit and stay. We have a great guest room (well, I don't know about great, but it's spacious and empty) that you're welcome to use. It will be hard living away from your fam, but remember it's only 4 years and an adventure for you!