Saturday, February 18, 2012

lists

Blessings. I'm so thankful for them. 

I was reading in the Book of Mormon about Nephi. Talk about amazing. He was amazing. Nephi is the perfect example of someone who never complained. Ever. He had so many trials and afflictions, but he never once complained. He was always quick to turn to his Heavenly Father for comfort or guidance. He never complained about his problems... but how quick are we to complain about our blessings? ( speaking of that, check out this youtube video when you get a chance. haha.) 

On that note, I feel super blessed. I have SO much to be happy about and I am overwhelmed with gratitude about the blessings I so undeservingly receive each day. Here's a list of just a few of them... off the top of my head. 

my sweet husband. he's the most selfless, caring, kind person I know. 
my precious madeline. she makes my world go round.
the fact that it's been a mild winter. tender mercies!
a delicious onion soup I ate for lunch today. 
photography & the fact that cameras can capture the beautiful images they do. 
a phone call from a dear friend. 
the majestic mountains I see each time I look out my window. 
the hot showers I get to take each day. 
a supportive family. through thick and thin. 
the comfort of knowing Nick got accepted to a few great medical schools! 
cuddling with my baby girl. and watching her fall asleep in my arms. 
uplifting music that warms my soul. 
beautiful lighting. ( this makes for perfect photo shoots). 
new babies.
good friends. 
warm hugs from my husband. 
laughter. 
our health. especially madeline's. 
I'm grateful for my hands. I can touch my baby's face, hold Nick's hand, create things, take pictures, cook things... the list goes on and on. 

I'm so thankful for my blessings. By recognizing my blessings, it humbles me & my heart is full. I'm going to make it a goal to make a list ( in my journal ) each day of the blessings ( or tender mercies) I recognize each day. It makes life that much sweeter when we can recognize how blessed we really are. 

Go ahead, try it for yourself. 
"Count your many blessings see what God has done". :) 

No comments: