Madeline { sounds like: MAD-UH-LINE not MAD-UH-LYN. Just sayin. :)} finally got to come home!
After being in the NICU for 11 days, we were very ready to have her home.
What a blessing she only had to be in there that long! All the doctors and nurses were amazed at how well she progressed and how healthy she was. I really fell in love with that hospital and the staff there. Everyone was so sweet to us and they took really good care of our sweet baby.
Everytime I burp Madeline, she loves to stick her arms strait out and stretch them the whole time I burp her. She is so funny! She seriously cracks us up some of the things she does.
Here we are, Sunday morning, SO happy because it was the day we got to take Madeline home!
That car seat swallows her! She's so tiny.
I had mixed emotions about leaving the hospital and taking Madeline home.
I was SUPER excited to just be able to BE with her 24-7 and to start our little family,
but at the same time, I have been nervous to leave because she's so tiny and we're SO new at this parenting thing! Last night was our first entire night together.. just the 3 of us. Nick woke up and said, " Well, she survived her first 24 hours with us." haha. During the day, she's been eating every 3-4 hours... but last night, she ate every 2 hours. Maybe it's because she knows she's in a new environment. All I can say is... I'm exhausted. :) It's a good exhaustion though. Nick has been SUCH a great helper. He really is so great and so sweet. We're both so excited to be parents and to raise little Madeline together.
We live in a ghetto old house and It's so cold! I hate having to bring her to a cold environment.
The nurses say she'll adapt... but I keep her warm with little hats and gloves. I am super terrified of her getting sick. Call me paranoid... but I don't care. :) It's RSV season and we are being extra careful with her. I probably won't take her to church until April and our outings will be very limited. We have felt so blessed with all of our friends, family, and neighbors being so sweet to us during this time. However, we have to limit visitors until RSV season is over ( probably until April) to protect our little, tiny one.
The hospital had this poem on a door... and I like it!
I'm sure Madeline will be just fine, but I'm not taking any chances. I've heard too many horror stories. :)
Can you tell I'm a first time mom?
I'm taking a few newborn pictures of her this week... I hope it goes well! :)
She's such a blessing and we just LOVE her to pieces!









7 comments:
Miles had RSV when he was 5 weeks old, and he was 9 lbs when he was born- I think you are super smart limiting her outings and interactions!! You are a great mommy!!!
I just had to smile when I read this. I was the exact same way when Brady was born. It was rsv season and the swine flu was big then too so I completely understand how you feel. It's better to be safe than sorry, right? She is so cute! I am so happy for you guys and so glad she is doing well and was able to come home. That would be so hard to go home without your new baby. You two will be excellent parents. Madeline is one lucky litle girl :)
aww I'm glad she and you are doing so well! That's awesome that Madeline goes 3-4 hours during the day. Olivia has eaten every 2 hours since she was born (still does)...day and night.
I completely agree to limit who can see her. :) Told you it's okay to protect your child...even if people get offended. She's the priority. But maybe I'll have to come visit when you feel comfortable with visitors. We'll let Dixie stay home with Daddy. So glad she's home. The bigger she gets, the easier it is...until she starts moving around!
So I was logged in under something else. Just so you know...that other comment was from me...Suzanne. :)
She is SO small.
Such a good little mama! I would be careful too! She is so tiny and it's just not worth the risk! Congratulations again and enjoy having her home! She is SO precious!
Post a Comment