Wednesday, December 28, 2011

baby clothes

For christmas, my parents gave Madeline a little bit of clothing money to spend ( aka one happy mommy.) I am SO excited about this.... ever since I was a little girl, I got excited of the thought of "dressing up" my own little girl. I love going to stores and looking at baby girl clothes. Now I actually have a bit of spending money to purchase a few items for baby Madeline! How exciting! 

I know it's silly, but I am a bit particular when it comes to clothes for babies. { my baby to be exact} 
I don't love the "froofy" stuff { whatever that means. } or weird cartoon animals. 
but when you're poor, you don't really have many options but I just LOVE the thought of me being able to pick out some cute outfits for my baby girl. What mom wouldn't love this? 

so, thanks mom and dad! I'm excited. 

I LOVE layers. Little girls and layers are so adorable. 
ruffles, polka dots, stripes. 
vintage. 

Here's a fun little collage I put together of some items I adore: 



{ links to these stores: Zara, Gap, Joyfolie

I don't have a whole lot of $ to work with here... so I've gotta be creative. 

Do any of you know of some unique, cute baby shoppes and their websites? 
{ even if it's ritsy and too expensive... it's still fun for me to look at... so tell me anyway!} 

Having a baby girl is so much fun! :) 

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Those little yellow shorts are adorable! Are they from Zara? I have to find them for Ems. I get all my kids clothes from Gap pretty much. It's my one-stop shop, and I have a reason to shop in almost every single department so it makes it easier for me. But I also find a lot of cute stuff at Nordstrom Rack for Ems. Hmm....what else? I also hate the cheesy cartoon shirts and stuff.

Emily said...

Dressing girls really is so fun. Too bad clothes are so expensive. I think "Janie and Jack" and "Matilda Jane" have really cute things but they are pretty pricy. I have a couple of things from them and they do hold up well...especially through 3 girls.

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

Heather, with Abigail (my first) I was much more picky about what she wears. Now I am lucky to get three little ones dressed with their hair brushed every day. I like Children's place for their prices and for play clothes. I can't justify spending alot of money on kids clothes unless for a special event cause they grow out of them so fast. I don't like Children's place shoes though, very poorly made. Even Gymboree and Gap are too pricy for me sometimes, so I save those stores for church clothes and special occasions. Dressing little girls is so much fun though. I also had a rule of no silly animals, or characters, but they have seemed to creep their way into my kids wardrobe and all of a sudden become their favorite thing to wear. I have bought a few things from Hannah Anderson they have cute stuff, but expensive too. Target sometimes has cute things and usually pretty good prices.