Thursday, November 17, 2011

Catching up....

I would like to publicly apologize to my blog. 
I have neglected it since I got pregnant this spring... and I am deeply sorry. 
I hate neglecting things... especially when I call my blog "my journal." 

So here I am... on a quiet evening... sitting in front of my computer... attempting to blog a decent post about our lives lately. Here I go...

My sister Ashley threw me the loveliest of baby showers this past weekend. How did I get so lucky to get such a wonderful, devoted sister? She worked SUPER hard on my shower and it turned out so perfect, I thought. It was absolutely beautiful. She spent months hand making most of the decor for the shower, lots and lots of planning went into it, and she is just so creative and thoughtful. My sister is someone who would bend over backwards for you.... she's someone who would jump in front of a bus for you.... she's someone you'd definitely want to have apart of your lives. She's such a great person, friend, and sister. I just hope to repay her one day soon with a nice baby shower! :) 
We Cosletts love throwing parties, you know. 

Not to mention, the week of my shower, her sweet Aussie, Zoe, had her first litter of puppies! 
Zoe is one of my best friends. Did you know that? I love her. 
She had 7 whole puppies! SEVEN. I can't even imagine. 
The puppies are all so cute. 


Teaching has been going well. 
Okay, wait... let me rewind. 
Teaching has been going well this semester... kind of. 
I've really enjoyed teaching and pretending I "own" the class. I've also enjoyed coming up with fun lesson plans and pretending I'm a full blown teacher. 
It's not as easy as it sounds though.... this pregnancy has taken a huge toll on me this semester. 
Holy cow. 
There have been a lot of days where I've woken up and said hard core prayers to get me through that day. I had to miss a week of being at school because of kidney infections. { I now have to make up those days } but something new has come up. I told Nick I feel like the universe is against me and doesn't want me to graduate. The light at the end of the tunnel is SO close, yet SO far...I'll get to that in a minute... 

I invited my cute baby sister to come teach a small art lesson to my afternoon class. 
She's a natural! 
The kids loved her. I told them she was a "real artist." They thought that was the COOLEST thing ever! 
She taught my second graders how to draw a self portrait. 
Over the past 7 weeks, I have shaped and molded my class into believing that each of them are unique artists full of creativity. They must believe me, because they amaze me every week with the things they come up with in art. I love children. It was a lot of fun for me to watch Celeste teach these young-ins. 


Everyday, these kids melt my heart. 
I will SO miss them when I leave them in 2 weeks. { TWO WEEKS and this girl GRADUATES.}
I am so attached. I hate saying goodbye. 
Especially after teaching them and watching little light bulbs turn on in their brains and watching them learn and grow. Just when I'm starting to get the hang of things.... I have to go. 

Every day, I have a few students who like to bring me things they worked on at home. 
Here are some pictures to prove it: 
{ tell me these don't melt your heart.} 

* I didn't know my kids were so into fashion. Especially my hispanic boys. haha*


* I've always wondered what I looked like through a second grader's eyes. I really should start wearing my contacts more. :) 



* This kid kills me. I love the things he does. He worked on this story he wrote FOR ME over the weekend. I mean, it's a full on story. It's legit. Too legit to quit. 
It's a story about a bird who loses his feather while flying in the air. A few pages later, he finds it. Very suspensful. This kid is an author in the making. A few days ago during a writing assignment, he asked me how to spell " sabotage."I wish you could have read that paper.  


About 90 percent of my students speak spanish as their native language. 
This little boy struggles a lot with his speech and reading, so I've been working with him one-on-one. 
He came to school and wrote me this: 
{note: g's in spanish make the h sound. :) 

I am super excited to be finished with school... but I am also very sad to leave these guys. 
Can you see why?! 

Anyway, this pregnancy sure has been a roller coaster! 
I've enjoyed it for the most part I think. 
Just knowing I have a sweet baby girl growing inside of me makes it all worth it! 
Lately I've been having SUPER bad back aches... the kind where it makes you nauseated and all you wanna do is rip your back out. :) It was getting so bad that I called my doctor on a Saturday and told him how I'd been feeling. He encouraged me to go to "Labor and Delivery" to get checked out to make sure every thing was okay. I decided to wait and see if the pains would go away.... Sunday, I threw up. { weird. I haven't thrown up in a couple of months.} I was feeling awful. That night, we went ahead and decided to go to Labor and Delivery. 
They took us into a real labor room { which was kind of fun to see what that was all about} and I had to get into a gown and everything. They hooked me up to machines and checked the baby's heart beat and contractions. 
It turns out I was having a contraction about every 2 minutes. The doctor seemed nervous about that... and then that made me nervous. He said that explained a lot of the back pain I've been having. 
He gave me a muscle relaxer to "relax my uterus" to make the contractions ease up. 
They sent me home after that. 


So, I went home and that was that. 
I've been trying to take it easy.... as easy as I can while student teaching. 
I've just been praying a lot, hoping she stays in there until she's "ready" and healthy enough to come to this world we live in. :) I have faith everything will be okay! 

I want more than anything to graduate and to finish school... but this baby comes first. 
I can't afford to miss anymore school... and there have been days this week where I thought I wasn't going to be able to make it.... but I did. I definitely didn't do it alone. I'm grateful for prayer and for the strength my Heavenly Father has given me to stay healthy throughout these school days { and happy- to teach these young second graders.} 

Tomorrow is my official last day of teaching full time. It's a HALF day, even. 
What a BLESSING I was able to get all my teaching done this semester! I can't even tell you. 
My last week is the week after Thanksgiving and all I will be doing that week is observing. 
It's finally coming to an end, folks. 
I'm going to make it. 

{ This brings me to another post I'll have to write later about trials, how they make us stronger, and how thankful I am for them!} 

Enough about ME. 
Let's talk about Nick for a minute. 
This boy amazes me everyday. He is the most devoting, loving, caring husband a girl could ask for. 
Not to mention he is FULL of patience. Especially with ME. Bless his heart. 

Right now he's in Oklahoma interviewing at the medical school at OSU. 
He's been traveling a LOT these past few months. We feel SO blessed to have gotten a number of interviews for medical school so far! Nick has worked SOO hard and he deserves it! :) 

So far, he's interviewed in Fort Worth, Philadelphia, Maryland, Oklahoma, Utah University, and Pomona, California. He's going to interview in Mesa, AZ in a few weeks. 

So far, we've heard back from Fort Worth and Pomona, and he got acceptance letters to both! 
Again, what a blessing! 









I feel like this will be a very interesting experience trying to figure out where we should go for medical school. { We all know I'd LOVE to be on the west coast... and I'd be sad to live on the east coast so far away from family and friends...} but I have to sing that song over and over : " I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord..." and pray lots for comfort to know that wherever we end up... is where we're supposed to be. 
{ Will someone remind me that I said this when the time comes? } :) 


We are looking forward to Thanksgiving next week. { My parents are driving up here right now as we speak! I love it when they're in town!} I can't believe Christmas is already around the corner. I LOVE the holidays and the music and smells it brings. Nick is in Oklahoma right now, so I've been blasting Christmas music in our home. { He would be so mad if he knew.} My little brother gets home December 28th and I can't WAIT to squeeze his little missionary face. He's been serving in Brazil over the past 2 years. I'm so proud of him! He's awesome. 

January 8th is going to be here before we know it. 
We can't wait to meet our baby girl! 
{ by the looks of this pack and play, it looks as though we're having twins. Nope! Just a super intense pack and play with lots of accessories. Check out that adorable Owl my friend Charla gave Madeline. So cute!} 

I hope you're all doing well! Have a great weekend! 

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Heather, what the heck you were already having contractions?! You poor thing. This pregnancy has just been non-stop for you. You will be SO GLAD when it's all over!!