I can't believe it's already been 10 years.
I remember I was in a second grade classroom volunteering for my high school. It was still pretty early in the morning so no one at the elementary school knew what was happening over in New York. I got in my car and headed to my high school. Every single radio station was talking about "a plane that just crashed into the World Trade Center." I was a bit confused, wondering how in the world that could happen. I was listening to 106.1 Kiss FM to be exact. Kidd Kradick and Kelly Raspberry seemed very sad as they talked about what was going on over on the East Coast.
I quickly called my dad to ask him what was going on. I remember he sounded a bit panicked on the other end and said, " It's nothing to be worried about, everything will be okay..." I knew something was really wrong because of the tone in my dad's voice. He's always wanting to protect his children. He knew that we were being attacked.
I arrived to the high school and every single TV was on in every classroom. Every student, teacher, and faculty staff were watching the World Trade Center and the horror that was happening there. We all sat silently and watched as a second plane hit the second trade center. Lots of students were crying, some wanted to talk about it, others had family and friends that lived there. I couldn't believe the chaos and terror that was happening to our friends in New York City. My heart went out to them. My heart still goes out to the people and the victims who were greatly effected that day by the terrorists.
I will never forget the soldiers and people who fought and still do fight for our FREEDOM.
We are so blessed to be living in such a beautiful country.
I pray we never take our freedom or this country for granted.
Where were YOU that day?
Never forget...
I remember I was in a second grade classroom volunteering for my high school. It was still pretty early in the morning so no one at the elementary school knew what was happening over in New York. I got in my car and headed to my high school. Every single radio station was talking about "a plane that just crashed into the World Trade Center." I was a bit confused, wondering how in the world that could happen. I was listening to 106.1 Kiss FM to be exact. Kidd Kradick and Kelly Raspberry seemed very sad as they talked about what was going on over on the East Coast.
I quickly called my dad to ask him what was going on. I remember he sounded a bit panicked on the other end and said, " It's nothing to be worried about, everything will be okay..." I knew something was really wrong because of the tone in my dad's voice. He's always wanting to protect his children. He knew that we were being attacked.
I arrived to the high school and every single TV was on in every classroom. Every student, teacher, and faculty staff were watching the World Trade Center and the horror that was happening there. We all sat silently and watched as a second plane hit the second trade center. Lots of students were crying, some wanted to talk about it, others had family and friends that lived there. I couldn't believe the chaos and terror that was happening to our friends in New York City. My heart went out to them. My heart still goes out to the people and the victims who were greatly effected that day by the terrorists.
I will never forget the soldiers and people who fought and still do fight for our FREEDOM.
We are so blessed to be living in such a beautiful country.
I pray we never take our freedom or this country for granted.
Where were YOU that day?
Never forget...

No comments:
Post a Comment