Monday, August 1, 2011

I'm Losing My Mind

I am losing it. I am pregnant and losing it. I have lost my brain completely....

Here are some things that happened to me last week:

1. Nick and I had to take separate cars to the hospital for our ultra sound appointment. I parked and then he parked next to me. I got out of my car and got all the way to the front doors of the hospital. Nick called out to me confused, " Heather.... did you leave your car running??" { He was in utter amazement.} I said, " I don't think so?" and I quickly walked back to my car.... and sure enough.... I left the keys in the ignition... still running.

WOW. Nick just stared at me in unbelief.

2. That same day, I went to Walgreens to print off pictures of the baby from the ultrasound to send to family members. I sat at the little photo booth, picking out pictures to print, etc. I set my purse down at my feet. I finished my order and then walked out the front doors. I was already sitting in my car when the nice worker ran out and handed me my PURSE that I left on the floor of the store. NICE.

3. Lately when I drive... I am literally scared for my life { and not because I'm surrounded by crappy drivers all the time.} I have now put myself in that category of "crappy drivers." Lately, I really feel like my mind isn't completely there. It's like I'm on drugs or something. My mind is completely cloudy.

For example, the other day I was coming back to Provo from Highland. I was driving on the freeway and I pulled a few really stupid maneuvers { something that I would get ticked off about if someone else did that on the road } and I almost got myself killed at least 4 different times. It's like I self-consciously knew what I was doing... but It was like I couldn't control it. I literally said out loud "WOW" all 4 times to myself thinking how awful that was of me and that I was literally going to get myself killed.

I feel like my mind is floating in the air right next to my body.... letting me do STUPID things and then KNOWING it was stupid but somehow I can't control it.

I told Nick yesterday that I shouldn't be allowed to drive.... at least until I have this baby.

.... and I'm not just using pregnancy as an excuse as to why I'm so brain dead.... It's FOR REAL.

{ I'm already slightly brain dead when I'm not pregnant... but this is magnified x 50 } and I don't like it. I'm supposed to start student teaching at the end of the month. I hope I don't lead these kids astray or teach them that 4x4 is 8 or forget about them and leave them outside on the playground after lunch....

Heaven help me.

Please tell me some of YOU have similar stories when you were/are pregnant!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Um, yes. My mom called me "dingy" one time even. I got my kids all dressed up for a Halloween party and took them to my friends house only to find out the party was not that day...really embarrassing.

Elle Keeps Moving said...

hate to say it, but it probably won't get better after the baby is out. when lucy was a babe, i stood at the front door of our house for a solid minute and a half clicking the car unlock button. i could not figure out why the door was not unlocking! brilliant, right?

Darin & Misty Ralphs said...

Heather, when I was pregnant with Abigail I was going to school. I had to do to memorized recitals at the end of every semester to get my music degree. I had worked all semester on my 8 songs. When it came to the day of my performance for the entire music faculty, I completly forgot all of the words to my songs. I wasn't nervous, just my memory left me. I had to repeat that semester of voice lessons cause they couldn't grade me. I also forgot my ss number, phone number, and bank account number. After the blood glucose test, I even forgot how to drive home. Luckily I have my memory back, but still have some pretty ditzy moments.

Keeping Up With The Joneses said...

OMG. How funny I was just about to post how I stood at my classroom door and tried to keep unlocking it with my car keys!! I am in utter amazement that this exact same thing happened to someone else. LOL