If you don't know who Kenneth Cope is... you should find out and listen to his music.
He just made my year.
Growing up, my family always listened to Kenneth Cope's music. Especially on Sundays and on drives. There's so much heart and soul behind his music. His words radiate his testimony of the Savior and the atonement. His music has always reached out to me and tugged on my heart strings.
Kenneth and I are friends on facebook. My parents are friends with him as well. For the past year or so, I've sent him little messages every now and then telling him how great I think he is and how much I love his music. Just recently, I was listening to his music and the spirit just filled my entire body. I really feel this way with all his songs when I hear them. I felt I needed to send him a quick message about how powerful his words are and that I know that when he sings about the Savior, he's singing his testimony. Kenneth Cope loves Jesus Christ and you can feel it through his songs.
I told him a few years ago I went to his " Hear My Praise" concert he put on at UVU. I sat in the back of the crowded room listening to him play a lot of familiar songs. He spoke in between of the songs telling us the message behind them and how he felt about each song. I told Kenneth that the hair on my arms stood up that entire night and the spirit in that room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. I told him I'm not a "crier" but that night, my eyes were wet and my heart was full. Those two hours alone was like I had attended 5 EFY's in one night. I was completely spiritually fed. I just love his music. I told him that I adore artists who can reach out to the listener and I admire those artists that really sing from their heart because they MEAN what they sing... and he is that kind of artist.
He wrote back telling me that he feels Heavenly Father uses us as instruments to uplift others. He said my message uplifted him that day and it was what he needed to hear. He asked for my address so he could send me one of his recent CDs.
How kind of him!
I gave him my address... and thanked him. How fun that Kenneth Cope wants to SEND me HIS CD! So nice of him.
Well... this morning, I hear a knock on the door. I literally rolled out of bed to see who it was. They knocked a few times... I couldn't see who it was, so I didn't want to answer it and scare them with my awesome bed head and hot pink PJ pants.
I looked out the window once more to see KENNETH COPE walking back to his car! He sat in his car, writing me a note... so I thought i'd quickly put on some clothes, throw a head band on, and open the door when he walked back up to drop off the CD.
"Kenneth Cope!" I said. " You are a SWEET HEART!"
He smiled and greeted me with a warm hug. " I just wanted to come by and give this to you in person." :) He came inside and we chatted for a little bit. I wanted so badly to get a picture with him, but I didn't want him to feel like I was one of those annoying, crazy people gawking over Hollywood stars ( Kind of like what I did when I met Harrison Ford. haha.) In my mind, I figured a good heart to heart conversation with Kenneth Cope in my living room was enough. :)
He told me the meaning behind a few of the songs from his All About You CD. I haven't heard any of the songs yet except for Broken. and I love that song. It was so neat for him to sit there and tell me about the meaning behind HIS songs. He mentioned that they're fun, up beat songs... but the message behind them is the most important thing: Jesus Christ.
He was super down to earth and just SO nice. He reminded me a lot of my own dad. They would be best friends, I just know it.
People like Kenneth Cope make the world a better place. What a sweet, kind thing for him to go out of his way to personally give me his CD and to just be able to meet him.
Here's a video of one of the songs I grew up on and is such a huge testimony builder to me of the divinity of our Savior Jesus Christ.
And here's one of his recent songs: BROKEN
Again, if you don't know who Kenneth Cope is, at least get to know his music. They will make your days much sweeter.


2 comments:
Heather this is so awesome! I am so excited for you that you got to meet, him! What a sweet guy!
SHUT UP! this is so crazy!!! and amazing! that seriously makes me want to go out and buy his cd just because he's so nice and sincere!
Post a Comment