Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The Fourth

The fourth of July is one of my most favorite holidays. I seriously love everything about it. Family & friends spending time together, BBQs, fireworks, festivities, and the warmth of the sunshine. I also love how most Americans unite and remember their country, the people who have fought and fight for it, and how blessed we are as a nation to enjoy our freedom. Everytime ( with out fail ) there's a mass number of people, standing together, with their hand over their hearts in silence as all eyes are on the American Flag... it brings me to tears. I don't know why... but it's just an instant thing that happens to me. I love this country! 

Our good friends, Jason and McKell's baby boy, Nash, turned ONE on July 3rd. I can't believe it's already been a YEAR! He has grown up SO much and he is just full of personality. I just love him to pieces. I really enjoy spending time with this little boy. He cracks me up and he's just so much fun. McKell put together a really cute carnival themed b-day party for him. She made him this gigantic, cute, popcorn cupcake. He went to town on those marsh mellows! 






McKell's mom is from a small town a couple hours south called Richfield. They invited us to join them 4th of July weekend and so we went down there. We had a lot of fun. 

We went to a Rodeo down there and it was fun. Totally reminded me of Texas.... except I've never been to a rodeo in Texas. It was a lot of fun people watching too. People are so entertaining! 

{ I wasn't feeling well for half of the trip... but I decided it's better to try to be OUT rather than being at home cooped up. I really should start getting ready for the day if I'm going to take pictures.} 





I love this little munchkin.

Then we went to a little parade the morning of the 4th. I'm seriously not a huge parade "go-er" but being friends with Jason and McKell have turned me into one. Is Utah the only state that's huge into parades? Either way, it's always entertaining watching them. My favorite was when they had the super sonic jets fly over us to start the parade. Love that. 

After the parade, they had a carnival at a park near by. They had lots of rides and food. Nick & Kaylee ( McKell's little sister) rode on this octagon spinning thing. They're crazy. It made me even more nauseated just watching! I took a video of it, but it somehow deleted. :/ Here's a picture of McKell's other sisters ( Camarie and Mallory) riding this thing. 


They had the most spectacular fireworks show! 
It was really awesome b/c they do the show right infront of McKell's grandparent's house, so we didn't have to drive anywhere. We just watched them on their front lawn. It was a ton of fun. 

God Bless America! 

1 comment:

Elle Keeps Moving said...

that is SERIOUSLY an adorable baby. beautiful pictures too, heather!