Saturday, February 19, 2011

Family

I feel like I've gotten so busy lately with photography... that I haven't been taking pictures of my cute husband or documenting things we've been doing.... well, honestly, all we've been doing is school... school... and more school (and photography too.) So, not too many exciting things going on here...

I am going to really work on being better at that. In the end... the most important thing are memories of family, friends, and loved ones.

Speaking of loved ones, I am super proud of my siblings. They are all so wonderful. Each of the Coslett kids add so much to our family. If any of you grew up with us Cosletts, or know us... you know there's lots of love, humor, and craziness that goes on in our home.

I really feel like I've been so blessed to have been raised by such loving parents and in a home where Christ was the center of it. My parents both came from very broken homes and they have given and done so much for us so that we would never feel the hurt they felt throughout their childhood. They did a pretty darn good job.

It's been a while since our whole family have all been together. It will be fun when CJ gets home from his mission in Brazil. That will be a really fun reunion.

Ashley and Lance are in Brussels doing an internship. Nick and I are housesitting and dog sitting for them until they return. We have absolutely loved the comforts of living in a house! We never want to leave. ( Don't worry, Lance, we will. haha.)

It's been so nice having a large HD Tv and DISH so that I can record American Idol and The Bachelor and fast forward through all the silly commercials. I've loved having a fireplace, a covered driveway, and a puppy to play with. All these things are nice... but we really have missed having Ashley and Lance nearby. I can't wait until they're back home again!

They've had the opportunity to travel some parts of Europe while they've been there. Lance served his mission in France/Brussels & he speaks the language beautifully. Ashley blogs about their adventures and experiences HERE if you want to know more about what they've been up to.

I am really happy that Ashley is getting to travel parts of the world and see new places. They've been to London, Paris, and Rome to name a few places. They're going to Greece and Spain soon! So jealous of them!

Here they are in Rome.



Paris.



Lance went to go find his BFF, Harry Potter while they were in London.



and oh, don' t get me started on my cute missionary brother. He's been in Brazil, serving a little over a year now. He's doing so great! He absolutely loves the people and has so many fun stories each week in his e-mails. He's such a stud. I'm jealous he gets to be a missionary! He's working hard and I am so proud of him. Can't wait for that reunion with him at the end of the year!


This is a recent picture he sent us. The power went out and he's at an investigators home doing some paper work for them. I love this picture. It reminds me of that painting of Joseph... you know... that one painting. Love it.


One thing that I've always loved about CJ is that he has such a HUGE heart for babies, children, and animals. He really is so good with kids... they all just love him.


I am SO proud of my youngest sister Celeste. She is graduating High School this year ( I seriously can't even believe it.) She has grown into such a beautiful young woman. She is now serving as the Laurel President in Young Womens. She also is totally into photography... she's super creative and has a great eye for things. I can't wait for her to move up here in the fall!


My other "sister", Virginia, is someone else I am VERY proud of. I've grown up with her and she is very much apart of our family. Virginia is such a strong, beautiful young lady inside and out. She has been living in Arizona the past few months working with troubled teens, living out in the wilderness, helping them to be better ( with a program called Anastazi (sp?). Basically, Virigina is hard core. Don't mess with her. But the cool thing is... she's got the BIGGEST heart.

She recently turned in her mission papers and got her call to serve in PERU! She reports to the MTC in May and she'll be speaking SPANISH! When I heard her open her mission call.... a lot of feelings rushed back to me. I knew exactly how she was feeling! So many emotions. What a fun, exciting time in her life. She is going to learn and grow in so many ways! Her companions are seriously SOOO lucky to have her. She is a hard worker, easy going, a peacemaker, loves everyone she meets, and has such a light about her. I can't wait for her to share her sweet testimony to the people of Peru!


My other beautiful "sister" Katherine (Virginia's sister) is having a BABY GIRL at the end of May! I couldn't be more excited for her and BJ. I get to fly out to Arizona in May and take pictures of her newborn. I can't wait! I wish Katherine and BJ lived closer!


and last but not least, I am SO proud of my sweet, hard working husband. He is the hardest working person I know. He's so diligent and I've never seen anyone study as hard as he does. He has a 4.0 science GPA and is so humble about it. He is always so kind, sweet, and giving with me. He is the most wonderful husband. He is someone I have ALWAYS wanted... I don't know how I got so lucky. He constintly makes me laugh and makes me want to be a better person. He'll take the MCAT in May and he is really working VERY hard! We'll let you know how that goes in May. :)



Happy weekend, everyone!

3 comments:

Coslett's said...

What a lovely post heather. thank you!

acos said...

thanks dood!!! what a sweet little post. we appreciate all the work you're doing for us. i love the network of family we have (also you left out the fact that our other sister, katherine is prego!)

Virgilicious said...

aw heather you are so sweet!! thank you. i am so grateful to have you and your family in my life! i love you!! and i can't wait to see you in may! :)