Tuesday, August 31, 2010

You are Special

This is one of my most favorite books:
You Are Special by Max Lucado

Every tutoring session, I try to read a childrens book to my kids. I believe that reading a book to a child, helps them love to read. Yesterday, I brought You Are Special and read it to my second grader.

She had never read it before, so I was excited to read it and show it off.
I LOVE the message behind it, and it was fun explaining it to her.

If you haven't read it before,
you should probably go to the nearest library and check it out.

As I read this sweet book to my little second grader, I started to get choked up.
There's a part of the book where this little wooden guy feels like he's of no worth. He meets his maker ( or wood carver), Eli.
Eli reminds him how special he is. He's special because Eli made him, and Eli doesn't make mistakes. Then Eli encouraged him to come visit him each day so that Eli can remind him of his love for him and how special he is.

Even though I've read this book lots of times, it seems like each time, it tugs at my heart strings. I can't help but think of my own Heavenly Father who created ME and is always there for me with out stretched arms. He wants me to pray to him, to call out to him, each day... through out the day. He wants to remind us of his love for us and we can do that through prayer and recognizing His hand in our lives.
He is so kind, loving, and merciful.

As I read these short sentences about a wood carver and his little wemmick, I felt the love Heavenly Father has for ME personally. It was a tender mercy and it warmed my heart.

Luckily, my little second grader had no idea I was a bit emotional ( because the spirit does that to you, you know). She loved the book, but I felt like that was a complete tender mercy for ME and I love tender mercies. Our Heavenly Father loves us each so much, He's just waiting for us to reach out to Him.

Don't let the craziness of each day let you forget to do the little things, like praying to your Maker above. He's listening, you know. He's very much apart of your lives if you let Him be.

You Are Special because HE made you. He loves you.
Never forget that.

No comments: