Thursday, August 5, 2010

things.

Our Soccer Team:

Last night, Nick and I went to our first practice with our little soccer team. We just scrimmaged the whole time. The best part about it was that it was raining and thundering most of the time. I know that sounds crazy, but it really was super fun! That was the first time I'd touched a soccer ball since high school. I can't tell you how SORE I am today... so embarrassing, so sad. I really am old and out of shape. This is a great motivator though!


The Best Lightning and Thunderstorm I've ever seen in Utah:

this storm went on ALL DAY LONG yesterday! Normally in Utah, it will rain and maybe thunder (if you're lucky) for about 10 minutes and then go away. I grew up in Texas and there's nothing like a Texas thunderstorm! I really do miss them. Yesterday was so wonderful! I couldn't believe how long the storm stuck around. I even woke up in the middle of the night and it was STILL lightning and thundering. GLORIOUS. I hope that storm stays a while. We never get stuff like that here in Utah. ( the picture below is not an actual image of our storm.)

Prison Break:
Why haven't I ever heard of this show until recently?! I'm completely hooked!
Thank goodness for netflix, eh? :) Jason and McKell are watching it too and I found out Lance is also! I just started season 2 and loving it. One of my favorite movies is The Fugitive with Harrison Ford, and this is similar! I can't wait to finish all the seasons so I can get back to normal life. haha. Nick is even hooked!

Yesterday, Proposition 8 was overturned:

don't get me started.

all I have to say is that Marriage should only be between a man and a woman. It is of God. We voted on this TWICE and won. All for nothing? I find it quite interesting that the federal judge that over turned prop 8 is openly gay.

"We warn that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God. Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets."
~ A Family Proclamation to the World

I can't believe my children have to grow up in this filth.
Oh well... on ward ever on ward! :)

Satan may win these little battles, but in the end, we will prevail. It's just up to us to be righteous parents and leaders in this world.

1 comment:

Krista said...

I know what you mean about the Texas rain. I wrote about it myself (http://silvershoesxtwo.blogspot.com/2010/05/play-in-rain.html).

I've been loving this constant rain Utah has going on right now... Absolutely fantastic. And playing soccer in the rain is always fun!