Nick and I had the opportunity to drive to Monrovia, CA to visit my very good friend, Emily and her husband (my cousin) Ben. We had a lot of fun! We only stayed a couple of days, but I was so happy to be able to catch up with my dear friend.
Emily was my first roommate ever in college. We both lived together in the dorms at BYU. We lived in DT ( it's not even there anymore.... sad. That's how old I've gotten.) We had so much fun together. Before I left for BYU, I honestly was so sad to leave my friends in Texas. I just graduated high school and came strait to Utah. I didn't know ANYONE. I was sad, nervous, and scared. I should have been more excited, but I really wasn't. Little did I know, my new roomie would change my life and become my best friend! I'm so grateful my parents really encouraged me to attend college that summer!
We immediately clicked and had so much in common. We laughed so much together and share so many fun memories. I've known her since 2002 and It's so fun looking back on memories. I was SO grateful that Heavenly Father put us together. He knew we would be forever friends. Emily even married my cousin, Ben! They have the most darling little family.
I know I knew Emily in the pre-existence and I'm so glad we were able to reunite again here on earth. :) I just love her dearly. She has been and always will be a very dear friend of mine. I'm so grateful for her. Not only do I love Emily, but I love her whole family as well. Her mom, Sue, is like my second mom. She always makes me feel like I'm apart of the family and I always feel so welcome in their home. I love visiting Monrovia!
We drove down to Huntington Beach Tuesday morning. We wanted to stay there all day... but we knew we had to leave before traffic got too heavy! We still had such a wonderful time. I could have stayed there forever. It was perfect! Nick and I also had a lot of fun spending time with Gracie and Abby. Grace is 3 and Abby is about 18 months. They are both so spunky and full of life. They're so cute!! They really warmed up to us and we were so sad to leave them at the end of our trip! Gracie even called us " Uncle Nick and Auntie Heather." We loved it!! We really missed Ben that day, but he's busy for the next few months working in hospitals in CA trying to get residency there. He's such a hard worker!
Here's THE Pinkberry picture you're all expecting. haha. I wish Utah had a Pinkberry!! They were out of Pomegranate ( my favorite), so I had to settle for Mango and Original.... it was actually REALLY good. Pinkberry hits the spot every time! :)
I am so mad at myself because I totally forgot my camera!! That's SO not like me. I had to settle with my iphone. Here's some cute pictures of the girls:
Look how adorable these two are! I can't believe Ben and Emily have 2 kids already! They're so cute and growing up so fast! I kept squeezing these two all week because they're so cute! I can't wait to see them again!
We were only there a few days, but Ben had to get up as early as 3:30 am and he didn't get home till about 8 pm each night. Whew! He's a hard worker and I'm proud of him for how far he's come! He's ALMOST finished! He'll start Residency in March. Emily is such a good wife and mom. She really is so strong and a great supporter while Ben is in Medical School. I don't know how she does it, but I'm definitely going to her for advise when Nick is in Ben's shoes! I'm going to be in Emily's shoes soon!

I love when the 4 of us are together! It's not very often, but It's a lot of fun!

Nick was such a sweet heart and drove the WHOLE way, there and back. I didn't even really ask him to do that either. It was so nice to just be able to relax and enjoy each other's company on the drive. Nick is so silly! He makes me laugh. He didn't know I took this picture, but (bless his heart), he needs contacts... but here he is with his glasses AND sunglasses on while driving. Haha. Silly boy.








4 comments:
What a sweet post about some of my FAVORITE people in the world, including you! Love you!
Heather that is so sweet! I miss you already and hope we don't go as long of a stretch before we see each other again!
Cute. I had a similar week! Pinkberry and the beach. :) I hope someday we can all get together!
I love Ben and Emily and their cute little girls! Matt and I always talk about how we wish they lived close by. What a fun trip you guys had! You two are always doing such fun things :)
Post a Comment