This summer has been a lot of fun. I have really enjoyed Nick not being as busy so we could spend more time together. I am super bummed that it's coming to an end very soon. I love looking towards the future though, there's so many things to be excited about.
I actually am looking forward to the fall. I love the fall. We drove the Alpine loop the other day and it's just beautiful, as always. I'm even more excited to drive it during the fall though. I'd have to say that's my favorite time to be up the canyon. I also love wearing long sleeved shirts and light hoodies. I love eating caramel apples and taco soup. I love the sound of crunching leaves and the fresh, cool air. It also means Thanksgiving and Christmas are just around the corner, and I LOVE the holidays. I don't love January-March. Those months are just depressing.
However, I am still loving every second of Summer time and I will miss it when it's gone. My dad has been up here visiting for a few days and it's always fun to have him around! Here are some pictures from my iphone as of late:
My dear sweet Zoe. Sometimes, we take her to Rock Canyon Park and let her run around. She loves it.

Zoe's new album cover for her upcoming CD:
"Rollin with my Homies"
I love this next picture.
This is my dad's trainer from his mission in Japan many years ago. His name is Reed. My dad has talked about him for years and how much he loved him as a companion and friend. I've seen pictures of this guy and he looked just like the pictures. They both just have gray hair now.

It was so fun seeing them talk about the mission and the things they used to do and how much they meant to each other. They haven't seen each other in 28 years. I honestly don't know why they lost contact, because they are seriously the same person... same hair and everything. They're both so genuine and fun and funny and just great guys. It's so interesting to see that it's obvious Heavenly Father put them as companions for a reason. They're so much alike and they really meant a lot to each other. Reed couldn't stop saying enough about my dad and my dad couldn't stop saying enough about Reed. They were so cute. You could really feel the spirit as they both laughed and got choked up about memories from the mission. My sister works at a law firm. Reed is a lawyer here in Utah, so Ashley looked him up. She wrote him an e-mail and he wrote back saying he'd love to meet her! Well, little did he know my dad was in town and coming along too. He was so surprised to see my dad! It was a lot of fun and I'm glad I was there for that sweet reunion. I feel like Heavenly Father blesses us with certain people in our lives and I am so grateful for good friends. My dad is going to keep in better touch with him this time!
This picture is from the other night when Nick and Lance rode their bikes 11 miles and Zoe ran along beside them. She was POOPED. She's SO cuddly when she's tired. LOVE it.
Here's our little garden. We've already eaten Lettuce, Squash and Zucchini from our garden. Yum. We're growing tomatoes, corn, broccoli, honey dew, watermelon, green beans, bell peppers, cucumbers, squash, herbs, and lettuce. So fun and so yummy!
Zoe LOVES to burry herself under blankets and pillows.
Ta-Da!
Zoe and I in the car driving up the Alpine Loop!
I love her.
Nick invited me to come have breakfast with him last week when he volunteered at the Hospital. He does this once a week. He's so cute in his little uniform. He is excited about this upcoming semester because he's going to start shadowing doctors and he will be taking MCAT courses to prepare him for the test he will be taking in April or May.
Now, off to California for a couple of days to see my dear frien Emily and Ben!
Hope everyone else has had a good summer!








No comments:
Post a Comment