Tuesday, March 2, 2010

memorizing

Remember those scriptures we all had to memorize when we were in Seminary? Well... I have sadly forgotten ALL of them. I now am making a goal to memorize a few scriptures a week. I wish I was better at quoting things from books... especially the scriptures.

Today I am memorizing this one:

Wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
- 2 Nephi 31:20

I love studying the scriptures. I love the spirit that's felt when reading them. I love the joy and peace they bring.

This will be good for me! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Elle Keeps Moving said...

I have been trying to do the same thing!! I have been semi-successful at it but maybe I'll do better now that I have company! Thanks for the nice compliments. I love reading your blog too! Hope you guys are doing well and to see you soon. We should have you guys and bits and Ean over for dinner sometime!

Stephanie said...

I study them off the wall at the church sometimes during Sunday School and see what I remember. It's crazy what you can forget. I had a goal to relearn them too, but haven't yet. :( I hope you do better than I do.