I STILL haven't been able to talk to the doctor. It's been a week since I got a CT scan. It's a bit frustrating...
I called today and the nurse told me I have one 4mm stone along with a few 1-2 mm stones in my left kidney, and I have one 3mm stone with a few 1-2 mm stones as well on my right side. Funny thing is, my left side NEVER hurts. It's always my right side. And its frequent and often painful. It's pain I can't really describe. I really do think I have a very high pain tolerance since I've had these for about a year now. Yuck.
I can't wait to talk to the doctor to see what's causing my body to produce these stones and how I can prevent them. Hopefully he'll be able to tell me. We also will talk about how they will be removed. They HAVE to be removed... I don't think they're going anywhere anytime soon and the pain is killing me.
Back in 2006 when I was in the MTC, I had ONE stone... and they told me I couldn't go to Argentina until I had them removed... so I had surgery. They put a stint in me to keep my insides from getting infected... it was in me for 3 days and it was probably the worst 3 days of my life. The pain from the stint was worse than the kidney stones, it was almost unbearable. It was awful. I pray I don't have to go through that again! I guess i'll do it if it means getting rid of these stones! :)
I'm just grateful it's nothing more serious. I was getting worried for a while. I also wonder if these stones are a HUGE reason why I'm SO fatigued all the time. Any doctors out there who can answer these questions for me who's reading this? :)
Speaking of this, It is SO much fun watching Nick learn and grow so much from school. It amazes me how MUCH he LOVES learning and he LOVES school. I admire him so much. He is getting more and more excited to become a doctor one day. He is so smart, it blows my mind sometimes. He got a letter from BYU yesterday telling him that he is in the top 15% of his class! Not only is he super smart, but he's funny, kind, and thoughtful. I'm so grateful to have married such a perfect husband. He is my everything!
I am getting SO excited for the holidays. I already have Christmas music blasting everywhere I go. Nick isn't quite sure about that. He thinks I should wait till after Thanksgiving. YEAH RIGHT! The month of December is NOT long enough to celebrate and enjoy the holidays. I start the day after Halloween. :) I am excited to go home to Texas this year for Christmas. I always love my house at Christmas time and all the decorations and the smell of home cooked meals. I love being with my family! I'm also excited to go through the temple with CJ for the first time when we're home. It will be the last time we're all together for a long time. I'll have to soak in every moment. I look forward to writing CJ on his mission and sending him packages. Lets just cross our fingers that he writes more than 3 sentences in his letters home! haha. I just don't see him being a big writer. He'll be such a fantastic missionary though! I am so excited to watch him experience this amazing time in his life. He's such a good kid. I also can't wait to see Emily and her kids at New Years in California! I will miss Ben, he has to be back for medical school.
I hope that you guys are all doing well! If you read this whole thing, bless your soul. :)

2 comments:
Hi Heather! Do you know what type of stones you have? I think differet types of stones are caused by different things. My stones were comprised of 2 differet types. Oh, I understand how you feel about the stint. I accidentally ripped mine out just hours after I got home for the hospital. OUCH!
p.s. I'm with you on the Christmas music. I LOVE IT!!
Such a huge, huge bummer, Heather! I am so sorry that you are in so much pain. I know that they hurt because my friend told me that a nurse told her once that she had five kids without pain meds and has had just as many kidney stones, but she said she'd rather have the kids ten times over again rather than the kidney stones because that pain was so much worse. Having gone through natural child birth myself, I have a new respect for you! :) Let me know if I can do anything for you.
Btw, I'm with you on the Christmas music and Jared sides with Nick. Lame.
Post a Comment