This is a quote from late Prophet David O McKay when he spoke at a priesthood meeting to all the brethren: (This applies to us too, Ladies....)
" Let me assure you, Brethren, that someday you will have a personal interview with the Savior, Himself. ( think about that. We ALL will have a personal interview with the Savior one day.) If you are interested, I will tell you the order in which He will ask you to account for your earthly responsibilities. ( coming from a prophet of the Lord, we better keep reading...)
First, He will request an accountability report about your relationship with your wife. Have you actively been engaged in making her happy and ensuring that her needs have been met as an individual? ( I assume a similar question will be asked to us women about our husbands.)
Second, He will want an accountability report about each of your children individually. He will not attempt to have this for simply a family stewardship but will request information about your relationship to each and every child. (wow.)
Third, He will want to know what you personally have done with the talents you were given in the pre-existence ( the pre-existence is where we all were before we lived on this earth). ( wow. It's very interesting that what we DO with our talents is 3rd on his list of questions. This reminds me of the parable of the talents. We really should cultivate and use the talents Heavenly Father has given us.)
Fourth, He will want a summary of your activity in your church assignments. he will not be necessarily interested in what assignments you have had, for in His eyes the home teacher and a mission president are probably equals, but He will request a summary of how you have been of service to your fellowmen in your church assignments.
Fifth, He will have no interest in how you earned your living, but if you were honest in all your dealings.
Sixth, He will ask for an accountability on what you have done to contribute in a positive manner to your community, state, country and the world."
This makes me think: am I being my BEST self everyday? That's really all He asks of us: to be our BEST selves, and then improve on that the next day.
I am grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for how merciful He is to us each and every day. I fall short all the time... but He picks me up every time.
I'm not perfect, but He is... and He loves me with a perfect love.
I pray we recognize his love for each of us individually.... come to know Him through prayer and studying the scriptures.
I am grateful for latter day prophets such as David O. McKay and for the continuing revelation they receive from God himself. I'm grateful we are not left in the dark. Heavenly Father loves us so much, that we have a living prophet today to lead and guide us: President Thomas S. Monson.
As we come to know the Savior, Jesus Christ, we will want to become more like Him and when we want to become more like Him, we will BE more like him... and when we do that... we need not fear the day of His coming. We will be ready for that personal interview. What a special interview that will be!


2 comments:
Wow...what a wonderful thing to think about! Thanks for sharing!
Heather, Thanks for sharing that. That is something worth thinking about.
Post a Comment