It's been a sad day! I get sadder and sadder every time I think about my bike being GONE! I seriously was attached to that thing. ( ok, I know it's not the END of the world, but still.) It just makes me BOIL the thought of someone thinking they got away with stealing something that wasn't theirs.
Get this.
We live in the GHETTO part of Provo. Sad, I know. Today, Nick and I were about to sit down to dinner and Nick was looking out the window and said " Hey, Heather! Is that your bike?!" I said " Ha! No, I wish!" but then I looked at it closer. IT IS MY BIKE! 3 hispanics were out in their parking lot showing off the bike to each other. Only now, instead of it being PINK it's black. I'm serious. It was EXACTLY like my bike... except it was missing the basket. I'm left handed, so when I bought my bike, I also bought a bell... and put it on the LEFT side. They were ringing the bell ( it sounded JUST like mine) AND it was on the left side. Coinsidence? I think not! Nick and I were just staring at the 3 amigos and my poor bike that was now black. It's like he was showing off his new paint job and they were ringing the bell like a bunch of little girls. I'm not POSITIVE it's my bike, but im like 99 percent sure. Nick and I were too scared to go out there. Sissys? yes. BUT I don't think a bike is worth our lives. They would find out where we live! ( next door!)
So... instead I called the police again. They were most UN helpful. :( The cop told me he couldn't do ANYTHING about it since it wasn't registered. I got it over 3 years ago! How's a girl supposed to know something like that?! Basically... some guy from Mexico is now cruising around Provo on MY bike... having the time of his life, and I can't do ANYTHING about it. :(
The main thing that ticks me off is that people DO things like this and actually get AWAY with it. What goes around, comes around. It's just not right to take things that aren't yours! I'm just so tempted to go find the bike next door and scratch off the paint... just to PROVE it's mine! Sheesh.
No more bike rides for a while. Sad! I guess I'm thankful I at least HAD a bike and got to use it so much! Maybe the mexican guy needs it more than me? ( Wrong. ugh.) I'd actually like to take back my last comment on the last post " who steals bikes in Provo?!" Ellen, you're right. Bikes get stolen ALL the time! It's actually quite sad. Ellen and Jared's bikes, Steph's little boy's bike, Kristi's bike, Brad's bike ( good news for Kristi and Brad... they both found theirs and got it back!) I want to start a "bike stealer's are going DOWN" club. I will make shirts. Who's in?
Anyway... I guess I'll have to save up my pennies and nickels to get another bike by next summer! Bye, little pink bike. You were my favorite!
What's A Sister For?
1 week ago

5 comments:
I can't believe someone stole your bike!! Some people have no morals. I definately think you should see if there is any pink under that black paint!! I'm so sorry. :(
My husband just got a really nice bike. I wonder if we should register it with the city of Aubrey... HA! I bet they don't have such a thing.
If you REALLY want to make me feel better, about a year ago we had $1000 cash stolen from our bedroom by carpeters. Lovely, huh? Don't worry, you'll get over it eventually. It just might take awhile. :)
Heather, I can't believe that. I think the worst part is that you have to see you're bike everday with someone else riding it. You're a girl who knows her bike, even with a different paint job...that goes to show that you really DID LOVE your bike.
um this is the saddest post i have ever read! seriously aw you did love that little pink bike.
Girl, Provo is straight scandalous!! When I lived there, I had a box of checks stolen out of my mailbox... and the fools spent $50 at Chuck-o-Rama. Seriously, how many people can you feed with $50 there?!?! so classy
Post a Comment