Thursday, August 13, 2009

Bajio Chicken

I made these tacos for dinner tonight and they were DE-LISH! If you like the pork burrito/taco from Cafe Rio... you'll really like these! Instead of pork, it's chicken.
VERY good and VERY easy!

Bajio Chicken Tacos
Bajio Chicken

5 chicken breasts (I used 2 chicken breasts for Nick and I and that was plenty.)
1/2 cup salsa
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 cup brown sugar (more to taste, I added at least an extra 1/8 cup)
1 4 oz. can diced green chilies
6 oz. Sprite (1/2 can)

Combine all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Return to crock pot and cook 1 more hour. Thicken the juices with a little cornstarch mixed in water.
Serve with flour tortillas, lettuce, cheese, black beans, sour cream, avocado, lime, and any other taco fixings.

If you want it spicier rather than sweeter add a hotter salsa and more green chilies.

2 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Those sound so amazing! I am definitely going to make them!

Stephanie said...

I really wanna try this before my heartburn sets in really bad! I looove Mexican food when I'm pregnant. (and when I'm not!)