We weren't too sad, though. That place was a bit ghetto. It made us appreciate our new place a bit more! (I am thrilled to have a dishwasher again!) I was mostly sad to leave our garden we planted!! The corn stalks are getting so big. A few more weeks, and things will be ready to harvest... :(.
I'm happy though because a sweet family from Argentina ( near Mendoza actually) took our contract and they are so excited to move in. I was happy to give away our garden to them. Such a sweet little family.
Lets just say, we better stay here until Nick goes to medical school in a few years.... I DO NOT want to move ever again... and I'm sure all our friends and family hope we don't move again for a long, long time! Haha. We were SO grateful to EVERYONE who helped us last weekend. We could have NEVER done it with out them. Kelly and Sabrina and Isaac came to help. I was so happy because Kelly is such an awesome organizer. They did SO much to help us pack and move. I was also happy because Ashley and Lance drove up for a few days... just in the nick of time to help us move. :) They are such hard workers and did a TON to help us too. We also have some amazing friends, like Jason, McKell, Josh, Kristi and Lee who helped too!
We piled all our stuff on a flat bed trailer and Lance drove 15 mph ( took the back roads) to our new apartment. It was a bit embarrassing driving behind them making sure things didn't fall off... and watching people's faces as they saw all the stuff on the trailer. :) It's amazing how much stuff you accumulate when you get married! We are grateful we have STUFF though. :)
After a LONGGG weekend, we finally have everything unpacked and in their proper places. One of my favorite things is decorating homes... so that was fun. There's lots more room in our new place and it feels more open. I will miss living in a house, but this apartment suits us well! We truly are blessed. Our ward is amazing! Everyone is really friendly. We already miss the spanish ward, though. We're so grateful for the opportunity we had to be ward missionaries there. We know the Lord will have us stretch and grow some other way in our callings in this new BYU ward. :)
Ok, enough rambling. Just a little update. We have a bed in our extra room, so please, come visit anytime!
love, Heather and Nick

2 comments:
Where are the pic's???
Glad to hear your move went so well! I agree with the whole not ever wanting to move again. We moved into our house when I was 9 1/2 months pregnant which was cool because I went to my baby shower while J moved everything. However! The unpacking was a nightmare when you're a whale! It took forever to get everything in its place. Can't wait to see pics!
Post a Comment