My favorite book.

I urge each of you to purchase and read this book. You won't regret it.
The first time I read this book a few years ago, I couldn't put it down. When I was finished, I told my family about it. They read it, and couldn't say enough about it. My dad has read it 3 times now. I have marked in it over and over again. The pages are worn even. I let Virginia borrow it. She read it and LOVED it. Now, she is telling people at her work about it.
Anytime anyone asks me, " I need a good book to read. What should I read?"
Without thinking twice, I suggest this book.
about the book:
F. Enzio Busche, emeritus member of the First Quorum of the Seventy, was born in Germany in 1930, three years before Hitler's rise to power. Fifteen years later, when World War II ended, Enzio was a prisoner of war, having been drafted into the German army at age fourteen. The war left Enzio with many questions: Is there a God? What is the purpose of Life? What happens after death? In time, he learned the answers. Yearning for the Living God is a collection of Elder Busche's experiences — both before and after his conversion — and an account of the life-changing awakening that can come to all who search for truth in this world.
You won't read this book with out crying at least once or twice. I promise, you will feel the spirit through out the entire book and you will want to underline quotes and express your feelings in your journal after reading it. It's one of the most uplifting, spiritual books I've ever read.
Elder F. Enzio Busche has become one of my most favorite general authorities.
Such a wonderful man.
buy the book
after you read it, let me know how you liked it.


1 comment:
Heather, I am so excited that you posted about this book!! Jared and I read it together a few months ago and cried through the whole book! I used to work for a filmmaker (he made "errand of angels" and a bunch of other ones) who is Austrian and married to a beautiful German and I gave him the book and told him that he has to make it into a film. He actually knows the Busche's so he just has to do it! We'll see if he took me seriously, though. :) Anyways, I can't say enough about this book! Thanks for reminding me how great it is!
Post a Comment