Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Report: (warning: may be boring for the reader)

Nothing too exciting over here. I am thrilled, however, that Nick has taken all of his finals except one. It has been so much fun spending so much time with him. All last week, my mom was in town. It was nice having her around. We planted flowers in our flower pots and made a wreath for our front door. (Pictures to come.... my iphoto AND itunes ERASED. I will have to get on Nick's computer and upload more pics.) 

I absolutely LOVE spring time and I'm pretty sure we won't see snow again until next year. ( Thank heaven!) I'll be ticked if it DOES snow again, though. Haha. I am getting SO excited to plant our vegetable garden in our backyard! We already have the boxes for our garden. I have been patiently waiting for the end of May to come so we can start planting!  

It really has been so weird having Nick home all the time now that school has slowed down. I love coming home from school and seeing his car in the driveway! This spring and summer should be more laid back for us and I couldn't be happier. We have a lot of little trips planned this summer and I'm excited to make more memories with sweet Nick. 

This week, we are going to Southern California to go to Disneyland, the beach, and the San Diego temple. I am excited to see Sue as well! She's so kind to let us stay with her while we're there. In June we're going to Jackson Hole to visit Nick's grandma! I'm excited because I heard it was absolutely beautiful there. In July, our good friends Andrew and Becca are getting married in Seattle. That will be a fun road trip with Jason and McKell! I also LOVE Seattle! In August, we were going to go to Ecuador, but our plans fell through... SO ... we're going to go to Texas instead. I'm excited about that. It will be fun to have the whole family together again before my brother leaves on his mission ( He's turning his papers in in July! Crazy!) We are also excited to have a sleep over with Ben and Emily while were home. I can't wait to meet little baby Abigail. We sure are blessed with great friends!

Speaking of great friends, yesterday, we went up the canyon and had a BBQ with Steven and Melinda and James and a lot of other people. It was fun spending some time with them. Nick and the boys played soccer when they finished eating. They were so cute playing together... it seriously reminded me of a bunch of 5 year olds playing together. They were fun to watch. Steven and Melinda are moving to Myrtle Beach this summer for an internship. We will miss them dearly, but we're happy they will be back in August. 

I plan on pursuing my private tutoring "business" this summer. We're going to pass out more door hangers soon and hopefully I can round up a few kids. If you know of anyone who is in need of a tutor this summer, let me know! 

This weekend we have been taking care of Kelly ( Nick's mom's) dog, Fee Bee ( a tea cup poodle) , while they're out of town. She has been a lot of fun to have around... she follows me around the house whenever I'm home. I love dogs and the joy they bring. She's been GREAT.. up until last night. She barked until 3 am and was relentless at clawing at our bedroom door, trying to get in. Nick kept threatening to PUNT her "SO HARD." I wouldn't allow that.  Nick and I had to get up at 7:30 this morning for a meeting. FINALLY the barking stopped and we fell asleep. I'm taking a much needed nap after I finish this post! Nick says it was a probably a good idea of what it will be like when we have kids. Hopefully our kids wont growl and bark at Nick like Fee Bee does. Or poop on our carpet like Fee Bee did. :)

The past few nights, we've been playing games with a few of our friends. Rook has become a favorite. We're so young, yet we act like a bunch of old married people. We're content with that though. We always joke with Jason and McKell how when we're old, we're all going to live together in a nursing home and play games together until we die. Literally. I'm looking forward to it. 

We have really enjoyed our calling as language missionaries in the Spanish ward. We're still working with Jackie and Camille. They're golden! We have set a baptismal date with them in May. They're so great. Im telling you... SO much joy comes out of missionary work and it's such a wonderful experience. It's hard to explain. It's something one has to experience for themselves. Nothing brings more joy than helping the work move forward and being an instrament in His hands. 

We hit our 6 month mark this past week. I am so blessed to have Nick in my life and I'm so grateful for him and his example. We have already grown so much together these past few months and we both can not WAIT to see what Heavenly Father has in store for us. We really are so blessed in our lives and we realize that. I never knew marriage brought so much joy! There's never a dull moment, especially with Nick. He makes me laugh every single day and I love him. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and is enjoying this beautiful weather as much as we are! 

No comments: